ElPhantasmo7272

Honorable
Jan 10, 2017
I've been having a problem with my system thats progressively gotten worse. It started with my creative stage soundbar no longer playing sound through Bluetooth connection. the stage would connect to bluetooth. all drivers up to date and everything is working normally according to the computer. But no sound would play. I've already checked the sound options and its set to what it should be. Now the soundbar wont play through aux either. I've tried everything I could think of from updating/reinstalling drivers to reinstalling windows, to replacing parts and nothing has worked. At this point I dont even know where the issue is which leads me to belive its an OS glitch. This also occurs with any other sound peripheral i connect to my desktop. However when I connect those same peripherals to my laptop, they work just fine. I dont know what the problem is

Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 48 °C
Matisse 7nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz (16-16-16-35)
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4)
Graphics
ASUS VP249 (1920x1080@60Hz)
TOSHIBA-TV (3840x2160@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (EVGA) 54 °C
Storage
1863GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB (Unknown (SSD))
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

update: was able to fix the aux issue. turns out the cable itself was damaged. the issue with bluetooth remains still.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

= = = =

Were you able to test the BT adapter and sound bar on the laptop?

= = = =

Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

A menu should open listing troubleshooters, mixer, and sound settings in general.

Start with the troubleshooter.

Then work your way through all of the other available audio windows, tabs, and properties.

Noted that you check the sound options; however, it is very easy to miss a setting or two and certainly worth another check.

ElPhantasmo7272

Honorable
Jan 10, 2017
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

= = = =

Were you able to test the BT adapter and sound bar on the laptop?

= = = =

Right click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

A menu should open listing troubleshooters, mixer, and sound settings in general.

Start with the troubleshooter.

Then work your way through all of the other available audio windows, tabs, and properties.

Noted that you check the sound options; however, it is very easy to miss a setting or two and certainly worth another check.
>Were you able to test the BT adapter and sound bar on the laptop?
Yes and it worked on that
>Start with the troubleshooter.
already did all that. the troubleshooter is worthless as always and just says everythings working.

Ralston18

Titan
Do you note the BT adapter getting very warm or even hot?

On the original host try using another USB port for the BT adapter and also try using a USB extension cable to move the BT adapter up and away from the host computer.

Doing so helps with the BT adapter's ability to transmit and receive plus helps cool it. Those small USB adapters/dongls degrade with heat over time.

= = = =

Try running "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

ElPhantasmo7272

Honorable
Jan 10, 2017
Do you note the BT adapter getting very warm or even hot?

On the original host try using another USB port for the BT adapter and also try using a USB extension cable to move the BT adapter up and away from the host computer.

Doing so helps with the BT adapter's ability to transmit and receive plus helps cool it. Those small USB adapters/dongls degrade with heat over time.

= = = =

Try running "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image
I'm not using a usb BT adapter im using a Wifi card. its a Tplink ax 3000 wifi/bluetooth adapter card.

ElPhantasmo7272

Honorable
Jan 10, 2017
This card?

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Bluetooth-Ultra-Low-Archer-TX3000E/dp/B07ZV2CJL2?th=1

Make and model sound bar?

And connectivity is to be wireless vs. Bluetooth?
Yes thats the card I'm using

The sound bar is a Creative Stage 2.1 Speaker System 51MF8360AA002
and the connectivity is to be bluetooth. it connects to my computer vias bluetooth but does not play any audio despite it playing on my desktop . this also happens with any other bluetooth sound device that I connect. however when connecting those same devices to my laptop they work just fine. Right now I have the soundbar connected via aux and thats working but I'm trying to fix the bluetooth issue.