[SOLVED] Can't access BIOS. Lenovo B590 with “fan error” and “clock error”. Ideas?

andrefrsilva

Honorable
Jun 17, 2015
The fan started to make a high pitch noise and I replaced with a new one. You press the power button and you can clearly hear the fan running. But then "fan error" appeared and it simply shuts down. I tried to access the BIOS but I can't. I tried all the suggested keys and combinations. You can see on the video I recorded that this laptop does not show the traditional "LENOVO" screen with the "press __ to access BIOS" message at the bottom. I don't know if it has the fast boot option enabled or something. But it's a catch-22. I can't access the BIOS and I can't boot into Windows. I tried to take the 3V-battery out. But when I put it back again the "clock error" begun to appear... I tried to replace the battery with a new one, but the error still appears. And thus the two error messages appearing now.
View: https://youtu.be/cKIcjqk3thc

asdasd.png

Solution
Only thing left for me to say is try Lenovo support.

Maybe one thing left is to try with a bootable usb stick,either windows or maybe even better Linux (which could boot from usb drive without having to really install). See if the laptop will try to boot from it.

Think problem might be motherboard why Lenovo support would be a better way to start. maybe even ask if the fan you used to fix is appropriate.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Try Lenovo support,maybe they can help you better. What i found above is all that makes sense.

You see in that video you wait until something is posted on the screen,but you need to start atpping right after you push the power button. Maybe even tapping the Del. key might work.

is all i can come up with. Lenovo support should be more helpfull.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Only thing left for me to say is try Lenovo support.

Maybe one thing left is to try with a bootable usb stick,either windows or maybe even better Linux (which could boot from usb drive without having to really install). See if the laptop will try to boot from it.

Think problem might be motherboard why Lenovo support would be a better way to start. maybe even ask if the fan you used to fix is appropriate.

Last edited:
Solution