Question Can't change the AMD Wraith Spire RGB.

Jan 7, 2022
Just before I start, here's my PC specs.

Corsair 220T Airflow,
Aorus AX370 Gaming 5,
Ryzen 5 2400G,
AMD Wraith Spire Cooler RGB.

Basically, I have the RGB Fusion 2.0 App, but it doesnt show any option to change the CPU Cooler RGB, and also when I change my motherboard colour it changes the motherboard AND CPU Cooler rgb,
but another problem is that the colors are completely inaccurate. Say if I change it to red, the mobo changes to a pinkish color and the CPU cooler changes to green..

Reactions: gibsonhoward248

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you source the app from their motherboard's support site, here? I've worked on that motherboard prior, pertaining to the RGB color's being off, that's going to happen since the board you have is during the early phase of implementation of RGB on the board, so you essentially have 3 RGB LED's, red, green and blue, the app tends to get the colors wrong but if you let the color cycle, you'll see that reds are reds, blue are blues and greens are greens.

A side note, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Jan 7, 2022
Yes, I just reinstalled the App Center and RGB Fusion 2.0 from the link you provided, still doing the exact same thing, I will look for my BIOS version soon but in this picture here LED_C1 doesnt change anything, The other thing changes the mobo and cpu cooler colors but they dont change to the exact color, I think the 5 pin thing at the side of the cooler is the wrong way around, but im quite young so I'm probably wrong..

View: https://imgur.com/a/FJrcXCX

Jan 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you source the app from their motherboard's support site, here? I've worked on that motherboard prior, pertaining to the RGB color's being off, that's going to happen since the board you have is during the early phase of implementation of RGB on the board, so you essentially have 3 RGB LED's, red, green and blue, the app tends to get the colors wrong but if you let the color cycle, you'll see that reds are reds, blue are blues and greens are greens.

A side note, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Do i have to go to the BIOS to see version????

Lutfij

Titan
You can use CPU-Z to show you what your current BIOS version is. If you must inspect the cabling, do so when the system is powered down and disconnected from the wall and display(so as to avoid any active power source. By inspect, I've seen people who tend to work on connections while the system is running to end up with a fried component.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022
Sorry for the month long reply, but in CPU-Z my bios version says F21 - AMD AGESA PinnadePI-AM4 1.0.0.0a, not sure if thats the bios version you mean but thats what It says. And also if I have to mess around with cables and stuff I really wouldnt want to because I'm just a kid and my parents will kill me if i broke my pc

Jan 7, 2022
You can use CPU-Z to show you what your current BIOS version is. If you must inspect the cabling, do so when the system is powered down and disconnected from the wall and display(so as to avoid any active power source. By inspect, I've seen people who tend to work on connections while the system is running to end up with a fried component.
Sorry for bothering you, but this really irritates me and I just want to get it fixed

Lutfij

Titan
You have BIOS versions pending update. Gradually work your way to the latest version. On a side note, the best we can do is advise, you will need to carry out instructions based on our suggestions. If you're afraid of the system being bricked or what not, then best leave it alone. Apart from the RGB, the system is working as it should. Going by the saying; if it ain't broke, don't fix it...don't try and fix it.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Jan 7, 2022
You have BIOS versions pending update. Gradually work your way to the latest version. On a side note, the best we can do is advise, you will need to carry out instructions based on our suggestions. If you're afraid of the system being bricked or what not, then best leave it alone. Apart from the RGB, the system is working as it should. Going by the saying; if it ain't broke, don't fix it...don't try and fix it.
So if I just find the latest bios version it will work?

Jan 7, 2022
Just looking, there is an F51 and I'm currently on F21, should I upgrade?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Might be good, but you cannot just go from F21 to F51 in one step here.

First update to the latest chipset drivers,
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x370

after that upgrade to bios F31,boot into windows, download the next Tool and install,
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...0606.1.zip?v=20b9c75713daaff7c653fa635283ee3e
is called the "EC FW Update Tool",

after that you can install bios F40,

then proceed with F51d.

After each update check if it working well. You could update each and every bios version as suggested, but make sure before installing F40 you install that EC FW Update Tool i linked and do begin with an update of the chipset drivers.

Do these bios updates via the bios tool, is always the best way.

Jan 7, 2022
Might be good, but you cannot just go from F21 to F51 in one step here.

First update to the latest chipset drivers,
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x370

after that upgrade to bios F31,boot into windows, download the next Tool and install,
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...0606.1.zip?v=20b9c75713daaff7c653fa635283ee3e
is called the "EC FW Update Tool",

after that you can install bios F40,

then proceed with F51d.

After each update check if it working well. You could update each and every bios version as suggested, but make sure before installing F40 you install that EC FW Update Tool i linked and do begin with an update of the chipset drivers.

Do these bios updates via the bios tool, is always the best way.
I just attempted to install the chipset drivers like you said and as soon as I hit Windows 10 - 64 Bit drivers my device bluescreened :( My pc bluscreens about 6 times a week and its annoying. Most times with different error codes and also yesterday I updated to BIOS F31 and since then everytime I boot my PC it just has a black screen and a moving wheel ( loading indicator ) for around 2 minutes then it goes into the OS and has the same thing but with a Please wait above or below I cant remember for like 3 minutes.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can you make a partslist so i can see what ram you have?

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons

if you can get that far.

You did reinstall windows fresh with the new parts?

Jan 7, 2022
Can you make a partslist so i can see what ram you have?

if you can get that far.

You did reinstall windows fresh with the new parts?
Oh, no I meant them parts were my old pc, my specs are
Corsair 220T White Airflow Edition
GA-AX370 Gaming 5
Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6Ghz 4 Cores 8 Threads
ASUS Phoenix GTX 1050Ti
Crucial Ballistix 16GB 2x8 3200Mhz
AMD Wraith Spire ( RGB )
Samsung PM991 256GB SSD M.2
750W Aerocool PSU