SpeedyMario

Commendable
Mar 27, 2017
I just got a new Redragon cobra m711-fps gaming mouse and I wanted to set up some of the programmable keys, so I went on the Redragon software download page
https://redragonshop.com/pages/software
and tried to download the software for my mouse, however, every time that I attempt to download it, the only options it gives me is "open", with the default app to open it in being internet explorer, or "save", which saves it as a file which I can open, by default, in internet explorer. In both cases, opening it in internet explorer does nothing except make a page come up for a fraction of a second then disappear, and when I tried to open it in Firefox it just asked me if I wanted to open it in internet explorer, or save it again.

Help would be much appreciated :)

Solution
The file it downloads is a .rar which requires third party software to open. Most people in the enthusiast community use the free trial of a program called WinRAR, available here. It's safe software that can be uninstalled afterward if you so choose. After installing WinRAR (or a similar program, there are some available for free from the Windows 10 Store), locate the file from Redragon, right click it, and click "Open with WinRAR. (or other software)" If right-clicking does not show this option, open the file normally and WinRAR or your software of choice should open it on its own. In the file is a program called "setup.exe," which you should then run to install the software.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
The file it downloads is a .rar which requires third party software to open. Most people in the enthusiast community use the free trial of a program called WinRAR, available here. It's safe software that can be uninstalled afterward if you so choose. After installing WinRAR (or a similar program, there are some available for free from the Windows 10 Store), locate the file from Redragon, right click it, and click "Open with WinRAR. (or other software)" If right-clicking does not show this option, open the file normally and WinRAR or your software of choice should open it on its own. In the file is a program called "setup.exe," which you should then run to install the software.

Solution