Oct 27, 2020
Some backstory: I already port forwarded, port triggered and set up my firewall for gaming on my old router. The router stopped working so after I got a replacement I wanted to play some modded games with friends so I went to try and open the ports.
That's where the problem starts. The porting process is similar to before but whatever I do I can't manage to open the ports. I set it up as it was before and when I open the server and my friends tries to connect, it doesn't work. I tried changing my external ip because different websites give me different ip's, but that didn't work. Also tried the Ipv4 and Ipv4 dns that the router provided and that also didn't work. I tried DMZ host and that also failed. I am clueless what else can I do. The old router model I don't remember but the new one is "Technicolor TC7210". Here are also screenshots of the ports: https://prnt.sc/v80p0b , https://prnt.sc/v80st2 .

Key is does the external IP you blocked out match the IP a site like whatsmyip displays. If it does not then something is in the path running NAT.

If we assume the port forward rules are correct then you need to see if the server is getting the data at all and if it gets the data does it actually respond. I would load wireshark on the server/game machine and capture the packets. Then run a port scan from a remote site. You should see the attempts and any response the server makes. Try to not run much else at the same time or you will get massive captures. You can learn to build display filters but in general you can just scroll though and look for incoming traffic from remote ip of the scanner.

Oct 27, 2020
Key is does the external IP you blocked out match the IP a site like whatsmyip displays. If it does not then something is in the path running NAT.

If we assume the port forward rules are correct then you need to see if the server is getting the data at all and if it gets the data does it actually respond. I would load wireshark on the server/game machine and capture the packets. Then run a port scan from a remote site. You should see the attempts and any response the server makes. Try to not run much else at the same time or you will get massive captures. You can learn to build display filters but in general you can just scroll though and look for incoming traffic from remote ip of the scanner.
I went to portchecktool.com with server and wireshark up set to display only 25565 ports (I never used wireshark so I might have messed this up), after I started the test to check if the port is open, on website it said "No route to host" and nothing showed up in wireshark. Also when I check my public ip on portchecktool, whatsmyip. org/com, and the ip it displays on the google page when you type whatsmyip, on every website it shows a different ip. I did my test with the ip it showed in portchecktool.com .

That is really strange.

The only IP that matters is the one you blocked out. If that is the IP you are trying to run the port checker against it should work...in theory at least. Pretty much if the IP starts with 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, 172.1x.x.x or 100.x.x.x you likely do not have a public IP.

Oct 27, 2020
That is really strange.

The only IP that matters is the one you blocked out. If that is the IP you are trying to run the port checker against it should work...in theory at least. Pretty much if the IP starts with 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, 172.1x.x.x or 100.x.x.x you likely do not have a public IP.
Yea my public ip starts with 178.79.x.x . I guess the only option left is to contact my ISP. Thanks for the help nonetheless !