I must be doing something wrong??
I have a post Temp Folders/files dated 29.08.05 @22.36.
I got 3 responses. I have replied to all but only the one to Andrew got
through. The others were rejected by The Postmaster.
I resent to the other two - havent had a rejection but they have not
appeared in my post.
This group came highly recommended by an impeccable source, as I had similar
problems in other forum/discussion groups.
Lets hope this gets through
Antioch
'You can't educate pork'

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:26:09 +0100, antioch wrote:

> I must be doing something wrong??
> I have a post Temp Folders/files dated 29.08.05 @22.36.
> I got 3 responses. I have replied to all but only the one to Andrew got
> through. The others were rejected by The Postmaster.
> I resent to the other two - havent had a rejection but they have not
> appeared in my post.
> This group came highly recommended by an impeccable source, as I had similar
> problems in other forum/discussion groups.
> Lets hope this gets through
> Antioch

If you are getting rejections from a postmaster, then perhaps you're
replying with an email instead of to the group (sending to the newsgroup
would not involve any postmaster).

In my OE setup, I've rearranged the toolbar so that the Reply to Group
button is more accessible and not right next to the Reply (by mail) button.
I took the time to do this because of I was accidentally hitting the Reply
button on a regular basis.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Hi Sharon F
We have met before in another life I believe.
Yes you are right I think I must have hit the wrong button.
But not the second and third times.
Well lets see if this gets through to you.
I have the newsgroups email in the window having selected reply to groups -
so here goes.
If it dont work then I will have to post another post.
Thank you for the explanation
Rgds
Antioch

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 00:08:47 +0100, antioch wrote:

> Hi Sharon F
> We have met before in another life I believe.
> Yes you are right I think I must have hit the wrong button.
> But not the second and third times.
> Well lets see if this gets through to you.
> I have the newsgroups email in the window having selected reply to groups -
> so here goes.
> If it dont work then I will have to post another post.
> Thank you for the explanation
> Rgds
> Antioch

You're welcome and sure looks like this post got through fine!
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Hello Sharon
My replies have at last gone into my post.
Just now, to send this message, I rgt clicked on your reply(in unread
status)
From the menu choice I clicked on Reply to Group(does not seem to matter if
it is a rgt or lft click, or any other Reply Group showing, the same thing
comes up)i.e. I get empty window, unlike the first couple of times I tried
to reply to my post, the message to which I am replying was there so I could
splice my bits between the advice.
Most odd
Rgds Antioch
Does Freespirit ring any bells?

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 21:58:41 +0100, antioch wrote:

> Does Freespirit ring any bells?

Yes, why?

PS: I think I understood what you wrote: OE's Reply Group is working okay
now? If yes, that's good news.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

antioch wrote:
> Hello Sharon
> My replies have at last gone into my post.
> Just now, to send this message, I rgt clicked on your
> reply(in unread status)
> From the menu choice I clicked on Reply to Group(does not
> seem to matter if it is a rgt or lft click, or any other
> Reply Group showing, the same thing comes up)i.e. I get
> empty window, unlike the first couple of times I tried to
> reply to my post, the message to which I am replying was
> there so I could splice my bits between the advice. Most odd
> Rgds Antioch
> Does Freespirit ring any bells?

If the message you're replying to is not showing up within your
"Reply to Group" you might want to check the following:

In the Outlook Express toolbar, click on Tools and select
Options from the drop down menu. Click on the Send tab. Make
sure there's a check mark in the box next to "Include messages
in reply".

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Hello Nepatsfan
Many thanks for that - you were spot-on - no tick in that box.
Thank you
Antioch
'You can't educate pork' it gets more unlikely each day.

"Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
> antioch wrote:
>> Hello Sharon
>> My replies have at last gone into my post.
>
> If the message you're replying to is not showing up within your "Reply to
> Group" you might want to check the following:
>
> In the Outlook Express toolbar, click on Tools and select Options from the
> drop down menu. Click on the Send tab. Make sure there's a check mark in
> the box next to "Include messages in reply".
>
> Good luck
>
> Nepatsfan

You're welcome. Glad to see you got that fixed.

Nepatsfan

antioch wrote:
> Hello Nepatsfan
> Many thanks for that - you were spot-on - no tick in that
> box. Thank you
> Antioch
> 'You can't educate pork' it gets more unlikely each day.
>
> "Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXIX.com> wrote in message
>> antioch wrote:
>>> Hello Sharon
>>> My replies have at last gone into my post.
>>
>> If the message you're replying to is not showing up within
>> your "Reply to Group" you might want to check the following:
>>
>> In the Outlook Express toolbar, click on Tools and select
>> Options from the drop down menu. Click on the Send tab.
>> Make sure there's a check mark in the box next to "Include
>> messages in reply". Good luck
>>
>> Nepatsfan

Hello Sharon
Yes all is working fine.
Thank you for your help.
Freespirit - I tried to add my meagre help to a problem they had - it was
similar to one that I had.
I must check to see if you cracked it. Seeing your name reminded me. I get
accused of memory loss!
Rgds
Antioch

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 02:26:53 +0100, antioch wrote:

> Hello Sharon
> Yes all is working fine.
> Thank you for your help.
> Freespirit - I tried to add my meagre help to a problem they had - it was
> similar to one that I had.
> I must check to see if you cracked it. Seeing your name reminded me. I get
> accused of memory loss!
> Rgds
> Antioch

Don't remember the thread but sort of remember "antioch." I get accused of
memory loss too. ;)

Help is always appreciated in the xp newsgroups. A different viewpoint or
even a different way of expressing the same idea can go a long way in
getting a user back on track. :)

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

The older you get the worse it gets, but to compensate, at my age I meet new
people every day
Look forward to our paths crossing again
Antioch
P.S I just remembered, I think, Freesprit had a prob with the scanner and
camera wizard.