[SOLVED] Can't tell if this MOBO supprts UDIMM

juampidieguez123

Reputable
Aug 29, 2017
Hi everyone! I'm trying to help a friend build a pc. I've decided to go for 3rd gen Ryzen. Chose this mobo (https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M-HDV/index.asp#Specification ). The thing is, the specifications on that page only talk about DIMM slots (except for images). Since I can't find, in my country's marketplace, any ram that it's not UDIMM, and UDIMM rams are not compatible with DIMM slots, I'm kind of lost on what to do... So I came to you guys for answers. It's very likely that any UDIMM ram I buy will fit and work fine, but I just want to be sure. Thanks everyone!

juampidieguez123

Reputable
Aug 29, 2017
A UDIMM is just unregistered memory, which is what you need for that motherboard anyhow.

What country?

What CPU model?

Alright, I do not know much about that topic so thanks. I'm from Argentina and going to buy the R3 3200g (I'm also buying a GPU so I am not sure about those integrated graphics). I'll try to learn some more about unregistered memory. Thank you very much!

That motherboard will not support that CPU unless it has BIOS version 5.9 or newer. I would verify with the seller that it does before buying it OR the CPU. Otherwise you will need to borrow a first Gen Ryzen CPU in order to update the BIOS before it will be usable with that 3200G. Or, take it to a shop to have them update the BIOS.

juampidieguez123

Reputable
Aug 29, 2017
That motherboard will not support that CPU unless it has BIOS version 5.9 or newer. I would verify with the seller that it does before buying it OR the CPU. Otherwise you will need to borrow a first Gen Ryzen CPU in order to update the BIOS before it will be usable with that 3200G. Or, take it to a shop to have them update the BIOS.
Oh yeah, I asked the seller if the mobo was updated for 3rd gens. It is, so no worries there

TRENDING THREADS