[SOLVED] Can't turn the fan's argb on, even though they are spinning - Sharkoon REV200

Jan 2, 2022
Hello guys and good holidays for everyone.

I just finish my first gaming build, with an ASUS Tuf gaming BM 550-plus, a Sharkoon REV200 model and everything seems to be working perfectly besides the fan's inbuilt leds (I guess argb).
So the fans are being fed through the amolex connection that is connected to the inbuilt rgb controller and the PSU. I also connected a 3 pin cable to the add_gen2 which I suppose is the motherboard header for the rgb system.
I don't know what's happening, but the fact is all the fans spin properly but the leds aren't turning on.

If someone has a sugestion or need more info to give a little help I would very much appreciate.

Thanks!

Solution
it's possible that if you have the LED hub conected to a motherboard aRGB header that you would need to use the motherboard control software to setup the fans' LEDs.
the fans are being fed through the amolex connection that is connected to the inbuilt rgb controller and the PSU
i don't get what you mean by this.
how are the fans' motors being powered?

the fans' aRGB cables should be connected directly to the LED hub.
the hub should be connected directly to a SATA power cable, possibly molex but the majority of nicer products tend to use SATA these days.
it's possible that if you have the LED hub conected to a motherboard aRGB header that you would need to use the motherboard control software to setup the fans' LEDs.
the fans are being fed through the amolex connection that is connected to the inbuilt rgb controller and the PSU
i don't get what you mean by this.
how are the fans' motors being powered?

the fans' aRGB cables should be connected directly to the LED hub.
the hub should be connected directly to a SATA power cable, possibly molex but the majority of nicer products tend to use SATA these days.

Solution