[SOLVED] Can't use dedicated GPU

AimanS

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
So my laptop is HP Notebook. It uses Intel i5-5200U (Intel HD Graphics 5500), AMD R5 M330, 8GB RAM. Before installing anything after I had to replace the hard drive. It only had Dragonball Xenoverse 2 and it used the dedicated gpu. It had smooth gaming but after I installed a few games, steam, garena, amd radeon settings, i used msi afterburner now so after all of that installation, i noticed it only used intel integrated gpu for DB XV2, now it only get 15-20 fps, my dedicated gpu is at 0% now, it only uses the intel gpu fully. How do I make it use the other GPU?

Solution
xenoverse 2's requirements isn't exactly demanding.

I would have thought 3D application in adrenaline would help force it but maybe it's Windows. Have you tried setting performance to high? Windows does have control over how computers use hardware and when. Hope it helps.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Im not familiar with Adrenaline but id say it's similar to Nvidia where you can priorities which gpu a game uses. Have you checked options like that in Adrenaline?

Laptops with dedicated gpus, the igpu is the primary display and the dedicated gpu runs through it (pass through). There should be an option to tell which ever program to use Amd instead.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, follow this guide. Sorry im not used to adrenaline.

First configure Intel's power mode.
Then Power play in Adrenaline to max.
Lastly application settings.

Did you install Adrenaline just now or? Did you do a restart? I assume you did but asking.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
xenoverse 2's requirements isn't exactly demanding.

I would have thought 3D application in adrenaline would help force it but maybe it's Windows. Have you tried setting performance to high? Windows does have control over how computers use hardware and when. Hope it helps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS