[SOLVED] Carrying over parts from swap of i5-4690k to Ryzen 5 3600

Hashbash

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2013
Hey guys, would appreciate the input as it has been almost 7 years since I built my rig. I am expecting a nice stream of used Zen 2 CPUs coming up for sale and was planning on buying one preferably with a mobo. Other than the memory which I will have to buy since I have DDR3 now, I will transfer over my two SSDs, my GPU (GTX 1070), PSU (650w gold), and case. My question is will I run into any issues once I boot up, any issues on the software side when the PC starts up and there's an AMD where an intel used to be o_O. Anyway, I wanted to get ahead of any possible issues and any advice or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Hey guys, would appreciate the input as it has been almost 7 years since I built my rig. I am expecting a nice stream of used Zen 2 CPUs coming up for sale and was planning on buying one preferably with a mobo. Other than the memory which I will have to buy since I have DDR3 now, I will transfer over my two SSDs, my GPU (GTX 1070), PSU (650w gold), and case. My question is will I run into any issues once I boot up, any issues on the software side when the PC starts up and there's an AMD where an intel used to be o_O. Anyway, I wanted to get ahead of any possible issues and any advice or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!
If you don't want the potential for problems, you should do a clean Windows install.

Power down...
If you don't want the potential for problems, you should do a clean Windows install.

Power down and remove all other drives except the install drive when you do the install.

Power down and add the other drives after.

Reactions: Hashbash
Solution