Case Fan Issue

captainh00k

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
Hey all, the issue probably with the case fans but with me. I just finished building my new PC last night and after hours of pulling my hair out it is working! Apart from the case fans. So...

I spent ages last night trying to find out why my PC wouldnt turn on, and it turned out that the molex that I had plugged in to the case fans was tripping it out. Once removed it worked fine.

I plugged the four pin in to the system fan port on the MOBO. Turned the machine on and nothing happened with the fans.

Could anyone elxplain to me how you are meant to plug the case fans in please. As I am lost.

Cheers!

first thing first, you can only use one or the other. Ether use the 4 pin header on the motherboard or the 4 pin molex from the PSU but don't use them together at the same time.

Next if the fan is tripping out the power supply and that was the only form of power to the fan I would have to guess the fan is bad. By plugging the fan into the motherboard header it is most likely tripping the board and not allowing it to boot up.

Does the computer run if the fan is not plugged in at all?

TRENDING THREADS