CD Burner screwed up after SP2 instlallation.

David

Ever since I installed the Beta of SP2, my brand-new Samsung CD burner won't burn anything. The Windows CD burning wizard "encounters an error" and ruins my CD without writing a thing to it. Nero Burning ROM is worse. It causes a memory dump every time it starts. The same thing also happened to a friend of mine after he installed SP2, and he had to reformat. I really don't want to have to do that.

Please repost your question in one of the appropriate SP2 beta newsgroups:

Welcome to Windows XP SP2 Technical Preview Newsgroups
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=xpsp2&slcid=us

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| Ever since I installed the Beta of SP2, my brand-new Samsung CD burner won't burn anything. The Windows CD
burning wizard "encounters an error" and ruins my CD without writing a thing to it. Nero Burning ROM is worse.
It causes a memory dump every time it starts. The same thing also happened to a friend of mine after he
installed SP2, and he had to reformat. I really don't want to have to do that.

That's why it is a BETA

| Ever since I installed the Beta of SP2, my brand-new
Samsung CD burner won't burn anything. The Windows CD
burning wizard "encounters an error" and ruins my CD without
writing a thing to it. Nero Burning ROM is worse. It causes
a memory dump every time it starts. The same thing also
happened to a friend of mine after he installed SP2, and he
had to reformat. I really don't want to have to do that.

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 11:06:02 -0700, "David"
<David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Ever since I installed the Beta of SP2, my brand-new Samsung CD burner won't burn anything. The Windows CD burning wizard "encounters an error" and ruins my CD without writing a thing to it. Nero Burning ROM is worse. It causes a memory dump every time it starts. The same thing also happened to a friend of mine after he installed SP2, and he had to reformat. I really don't want to have to do that.

You installed unfinished, bug-ridden BETA software then complain that
it caused a problem? Be serious!

Hi

There are News Groups specific to SP2 - you might like to try those:

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=xpsp2&slcid=us

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"NobodyMan" wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 11:06:02 -0700, "David"
> <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Ever since I installed the Beta of SP2, my brand-new Samsung CD burner won't burn anything. The Windows CD burning wizard "encounters an error" and ruins my CD without writing a thing to it. Nero Burning ROM is worse. It causes a memory dump every time it starts. The same thing also happened to a friend of mine after he installed SP2, and he had to reformat. I really don't want to have to do that.
>
> You installed unfinished, bug-ridden BETA software then complain that
> it caused a problem? Be serious!

Well the EXACT PROBLEM followed with the official release of SP2. My
Samsung burner is not working, and the Microsoft SP2 support says that SP2 is
not compatible with the Samsung driver. Well, Nero Express 6 worked with the
same driver. Their recommendation is stay with SP1. That's about all the
responsibility Microsoft will take, or at least, this support person feels
so. I AM DISGUSTED.