Question Changed GPU now PC won’t work. No signal

Stenna

Prominent
Jun 4, 2020
Hi,

I am a novice when it comes to PC building (built my first one 6 months ago)

since building it I have been slowly upgrading components.

My final upgrade was my GPU this evening and now I fear I have damaged my PC.

My PC was working fine until I swapped my GPU. I now do not have any signal going to the screen nor do my usb outlets work so my keyboard and mouse don’t seem to come on.

pc specs:
MB- MSI MPG X570 gaming pro carbon WiFi.
CPU- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (upgraded a month ago)
PSU- Corsair RM 850x
RAM- 2 x 16GB vengeance pro
Old GPU was- AMD Radeon rx 5700 xt and was swapped out for EVGA nvdia rtx 2080 ti ftw3 ultra
Keyboard- razer huntsman elite
Mouse- razer
Monitor- MSI

the pc was working fine. I unplugged everything, used an anti static band. Changed the GPU (put it in the 1st slot as stated) and now there’s no signal to monitor nor do I have power to mouse or keyboard. Fans run on system, RGB comes on, one fan runs on GPU, PSU fan starts but then stops running but I guess that’s because the PC is idle.

things I’ve tried.

old GPU, fans run but still no signal.
different monitor
Using hdmi cable directly from MB
Checked PCIe cables
No error light on MB
VGA and hdmi cable from GPU
Taken bios battery out
Checked all connections

ive tried everything I can think of except for taking the whole thing apart and putting it back together again.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Stenna

Prominent
Jun 4, 2020
Assuming you've connected both 8-pin PCIE power connectors?
If you have a known working 600 watt or better power supply (extra or borrowed from a friend), try that.

-Wolf sends

Yes I have connected both 8 pins. The PSU was brand new 6 months ago. I will try to borrow one over the next few days as I don’t have a spare.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yes I have connected both 8 pins. The PSU was brand new 6 months ago. I will try to borrow one over the next few days as I don’t have a spare.
Even a quality power supply can fail. Hope this isn't the case, but it's really the only way to test.

my current PSU is 850w
Yep. Saw that. Your system shouldn't need more than a 600 watt PSU just to boot up (as long as it has two 8-pin PCIE cables).

-Wolf sends

Stenna

Prominent
Jun 4, 2020
Even a quality power supply can fail. Hope this isn't the case, but it's really the only way to test.

Yep. Saw that. Your system shouldn't need more than a 600 watt PSU just to boot up (as long as it has two 8-pin PCIE cables).

-Wolf sends
The system seems to boot and run, but with no signal to monitor. I will try the PSU at first opportunity though. Thanks for your advice.

May 31, 2020
my new GPU has same problem. i just removed screw from GPU to cabinet. then, i adjusted my HDMI , then , it worked properly.
because all product different manufacture.
try this . it will be work.

TRENDING THREADS