[SOLVED] Changes to my overheating system.

ammos

Prominent
Dec 18, 2019
Hi I recently bought a replacement case and CPU cooler for my system that been over heating I've gone with LANCOOL II ARGB MIDI-TOWER CASE - BLACK with CORSAIR A500 HIGH PERFORMANCE 120MM TWIN FAN CPU COOLER (CT-9010003-WW) due to my system get very hot playing any game on max settings. At the time when I build my PC I made some temporary make do adjustments some were a little risky and added hardly any support for my system but I had little choice due to a mistake when I order parts in the past they did not fit being too short to mount correctly made do by fitting it above the case that forced me to keep the top off my case on my thermaltake tower 900 makes it look ugly to be honest and wish I could found a better way to have it inside the case, being it made for water cooling which I was planning to go that route but sadly run out of case I had to just makes work with what I had.

So yesterday I have ordered a new case and CPU cooler, the cooler may not be needed that is just a backup I want to compare the temps using Thermaltake riing 360 vs CORSAIR A500

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($504.99 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition 42.34 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($194.30 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($279.97 @ Walmart)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($77.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($168.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card ($1224.44 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake Tower 900 ATX Full Tower Case ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor ($623.85 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Corsair SCIMITAR PRO RGB Wired Optical Mouse ($59.99 @ Best Buy)

would like to hear your thoughts and what you think I should of done sorry if my post is hard to read I did try make it clear as possible to read.

Solution
Please, start using punctuation because it is very hard to find out where the sentence stops and the next one starts however if the case itself gets really hot i would say that you do not have sufficient air flow through the case how many fans do you have blowing air into the case and how many out of the case the case looks to me like built only for water cooled solutions as there does not seem to be a proper intake/exhaust for the air it basically looks like an oven

edit:
The cpu fan will not add proper air flow to your case. it just swivels the air around inside your case.
You need fans blowing air into the case on one side and fans dragging air out of the case on the opposite side.

For example:
Pull in air from bottom or front
Drag...

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Let me conclude to make sure, we are on the same page:
You currently have a Lancool case and a Corsair cooler installed.
The corsair cooler however is too large for the case and you had to remove the side panel in order to fit it.

You ordered a new case (thermaltake) and a new AIO watercooler (Thermaltake) already and now want to know if that was a good buying decision rather than asking before buying?

The case has a CPU Cooler clearance of 29cm.
I think your components are gonna fit the case but I don't think you will be much cooler with the AIO than the Classic cpu Cooler. But I'm excited to see if there is any difference.
What are the temperature issues you are facing? how high do you get while gaming? What is the CPU load at that time?

Reactions: Phaaze88 and RodroX

ammos

Prominent
Dec 18, 2019
The other way around also the new parts haven't arrived yet.
The Lancool case supports upto 176mm cpu tall and this cpu air coolers is - Dimensions (mm): 173mm x 143.5mm x 168.7mm so might be ok this only if the AIO dosen't do much its been fine keeping my CPU cool but I'm thinking of best air flow blowing through my case.
I've been getting Temps around 82c when the glass of Thermaltake tower gets hot to touch the whole case is like a oven which is why I'm buying a new case as my AIO is mounted out of the case on top of my Thermaltake due to pipes was not long enough to mount inside the case as everything mounts to the back of the case.

ammos

Prominent
Dec 18, 2019
The Graphic card is the cause of heating my case CPU is fine staying around 50/60c at max I can not play games above med settings even games like Wow, old games that are 10 yrs old still heats this up if I max out.

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Please, start using punctuation because it is very hard to find out where the sentence stops and the next one starts however if the case itself gets really hot i would say that you do not have sufficient air flow through the case how many fans do you have blowing air into the case and how many out of the case the case looks to me like built only for water cooled solutions as there does not seem to be a proper intake/exhaust for the air it basically looks like an oven

edit:
The cpu fan will not add proper air flow to your case. it just swivels the air around inside your case.
You need fans blowing air into the case on one side and fans dragging air out of the case on the opposite side.

For example:
Pull in air from bottom or front
Drag air out at the back / top
ws2oca0ua4f21.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution

ammos

Prominent
Dec 18, 2019
Sorry about the way I type not I'm very clever when it comes to writing post had learning issues all my life. I have 6x 120mm Fans not including the AIO or PSU one facing towards the roof, 2 each side of the rear case sucking air in and one top of the case blowing air out. Once my Lancool cases comes I follow the picture you linked.

Reactions: Herr B

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Sorry about the way I type not I'm very clever when it comes to writing post had learning issues all my life.

Ahh don't worry about that. I have a legastenic in the family, and me myself can't handle Dates and Times properly. A full stop though really helps understanding.

Reactions: ammos

ammos

Prominent
Dec 18, 2019
still needs some tweaking but seems to be running fine, haven’t yet tested out any games. Took me couple hours to transfer parts in to the new case. One thing I’m abit gutted by is the front lightening, lights from my Aio hidden by the lights from the front case. Didn’t need to install the CPU Air cooler, might send it back get some money back.

Last edited:

ammos

Prominent
Dec 18, 2019
looks good.
Could you help me work out which GPU water block I should buy? I was hoping I could find AIO GPU cooler if there is such a thing. It needs to fit above my case as I already have the triple fan AIO for my cpu. Reasons I’m asking the temps are still hitting around 70c which is better, I just like it to be around 60c as I plan to overclock once it’s stable.

Just thought, This is where I bought my Graphic card from does this mean my card is overclocked? https://www.ebuyer.com/861496-asus-...graphics-card-rog-strix-rtx2080ti-o11g-gaming maybe this is why I getting very high temps.

Last edited:

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
As far as I know there are no GPU AIOs. You would need to build a custom loop for that unfortunately.

Edit:
Proved me wrong again. there is stuff. However, I am not the exert with AIO cooling solutions. Probably it would be best to make a new thread.

Please don't take that as a buy suggestion. Its just a thing that I found surprisedly.
https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/produc...jrV_mruCRdGECFjywhBoCggkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
2018111615025347_src.png

Alphacool also offers aio solutions to upgrade your Graphics card.
1014283-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ammos

TRENDING THREADS