Question Changing Computer components on an Alienware Tower

Sep 24, 2019
Hello,

This is my first post and I am just trying to figure out if there is a way to change a power button out and a usb hub out on my Alienware desktop tower? My goal is to hide the tower away in a computer desk but still have the usb ports and power buttons available to use just mounted directly into a desk that I'm building. I just don't want to mess up my tower.

Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to mention the model for your Alienware desktop. IMHO, you should practice on a donor system before anything is done on the prebuilt. Often times the parts on an Alienware aren't exactly found off the shelf with respect to a direct replacement.

If your goal is to hid the desktop, might want to reconsider the question about heat trap/build up. Then there's the matter about the amount of wire needed. The wire in a chassis are limited to a degree to allow the front panel to reach the board. I'm assuming you're going to need anywhere between 2-4 feet of additional wiring.

Sep 24, 2019
You might want to mention the model for your Alienware desktop. IMHO, you should practice on a donor system before anything is done on the prebuilt. Often times the parts on an Alienware aren't exactly found off the shelf with respect to a direct replacement.

If your goal is to hid the desktop, might want to reconsider the question about heat trap/build up. Then there's the matter about the amount of wire needed. The wire in a chassis are limited to a degree to allow the front panel to reach the board. I'm assuming you're going to need anywhere between 2-4 feet of additional wiring.

I have an Alienware Aurora Desktop. I was going to leave part of the bottom open and part of the top back of the compartment to leave it enough space to cycle the air through the compartment. My worry has always been about knowing since I didn't build the computer myself would it even be possible to put in a different power button on it and a more usable USB Hub that can flip out of the desk.