Question Chrome downloaded a file when typing in faulting path?

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
Hi guys, I was checking reliability history and saw there was a faulting application. I copied the description of the faulting application path into Google Chrome and it downloaded the file to my downloads folder. Why did it do that? I was hoping by typing that in the URL Google would search for other users having the same faulting path.

Can I delete the file it's downloaded to the download folder? I checked the path below and AsusSystemAnalysis.exe is still there, did Chrome just download a duplicate file for me or something?

Sorry, I'm not very good when it comes to tech. Thanks!

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\asussci2.inf_amd64_7a3a8aa248377da4\ASUSSystemAnalysis\AsusSystemAnalysis.exe

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
It did not "download" the file as in from the internet. It copied it from your hard drive to your download folder. Delete it if you wish. No biggie.

As noted above though, the program itself is junk and can be uninstalled. You won't miss it.

Reactions: OnlyAlex

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
It did not "download" the file as in from the internet. It copied it from your hard drive to your download folder. Delete it if you wish. No biggie.

As noted above though, the program itself is junk and can be uninstalled. You won't miss it.
Cheers for your help, really appreciate it.