how can i show clipboard in my start menu if xp even has it? and how to make
a copy of my desktop using it or another programme so i can take a pic and
send it to someone else..thanks anyone

"Kasdec" <kas.dec@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> how can i show clipboard in my start menu if xp even has it?

Type "clipbrd" in the run dialog box to start the clipboard. You could also
create a shortcut for clipboard. The shortcut path to clipboard would be
"c:\windows\system32\clipbrd.exe". You can then place the shortcut here,
"c:\documents and settings\<your_user_name> *or* All Users\Start
Menu\Programs". This will then be in your Start Menu.

>and how to make
> a copy of my desktop using it or another programme so i can take a pic and
> send it to someone else..thanks anyone

To capture the desktop user the [Print Screen] button on your keyboard. To
capture the program that has focus, use [ctrl]+[Print Screen] on the
keyboard. Then open up MS Paint and paste the captured desktop or the
focused program.

--
William

Thanx WTC found it but ½ of it wont let me access like local clipboard in
windows menu or permissions.table of contents etc, wont let me paste or copy
the desktop, i think cause it wont let me into local?
To save the contents of the Clipboard to the local ClipBook

1.. In ClipBook Viewer, click the Window menu, and then click Local
ClipBook.
2.. On the Edit menu, click Paste. local isn't on the menu, copies txt
but thats all but wont paste it either to another programme

>> > how can i show clipboard in my start menu if xp even has it?
>>
>> Type "clipbrd" in the run dialog box to start the clipboard. You could
> also
>> create a shortcut for clipboard. The shortcut path to clipboard would be
>> "c:\windows\system32\clipbrd.exe". You can then place the shortcut here,
>> "c:\documents and settings\<your_user_name> *or* All Users\Start
>> Menu\Programs". This will then be in your Start Menu.
>>
>> >and how to make
>> > a copy of my desktop using it or another programme so i can take a pic
> and
>> > send it to someone else..thanks anyone
>> >

>> To capture the desktop user the [Print Screen] button on your keyboard.
>> capture the program that has focus, use [ctrl]+[Print Screen] on the
>> keyboard. Then open up MS Paint and paste the captured desktop or the
>> focused program.
>>
> Thanx WTC found it but ½ of it wont let me access like local clipboard in
> windows menu or permissions.table of contents etc, wont let me paste or
> copy
> the desktop, i think cause it wont let me into local?
> To save the contents of the Clipboard to the local ClipBook
>
> 1.. In ClipBook Viewer, click the Window menu, and then click Local
> ClipBook.
> 2.. On the Edit menu, click Paste. local isn't on the menu, copies txt
> but thats all but wont paste it either to another programme

Use your keyboard to capture your Desktop. Use the *PrintScreen* key, then
open paint and then use the paste function in paint. The captured Desktop
should have copied in the paint program.

How to Capture Screen Shots in Windows Using the Print Screen Key
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173884
(applies to XP as well)

How to PRINT SCREEN on Windows XP Computer
http://www.entity.cc/ICONS/print-screen.php

--
William

thnx for ya help, i use xp pro and the capture of desktop doesn't work nor
does the pasting into another programme,thx anyway for your time

> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Kasdec" <kas.dec@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

>> > also
> be
> here,

> pic
>> > and

>> > Thanx WTC found it but ½ of it wont let me access like local clipboard
> in
>> > windows menu or permissions.table of contents etc, wont let me paste or
>> > copy
>> > the desktop, i think cause it wont let me into local?
>> > To save the contents of the Clipboard to the local ClipBook
>> >
>> > 1.. In ClipBook Viewer, click the Window menu, and then click Local
>> > ClipBook.
>> > 2.. On the Edit menu, click Paste. local isn't on the menu, copies
> txt
>> > but thats all but wont paste it either to another programme
>>

>> Use your keyboard to capture your Desktop. Use the *PrintScreen* key,
>> then
>> open paint and then use the paste function in paint. The captured Desktop
>> should have copied in the paint program.
>>
>> How to Capture Screen Shots in Windows Using the Print Screen Key
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173884
>> (applies to XP as well)
>>
>> How to PRINT SCREEN on Windows XP Computer
>> http://www.entity.cc/ICONS/print-screen.php
>>
> thnx for ya help, i use xp pro and the capture of desktop doesn't work nor
> does the pasting into another programme,thx anyway for your time

Do a google search for "Capture Desktop" or "Print Screen", I am sure you
will find a free program that will do what your require. Sorry I couldn't
help you.

If your check this thread in a while, there may be someone that can help
you.

--
William

> Kasdecwrote:
how can i show clipboard in my start menu if xp even has it? and how
to make
> a copy of my desktop using it or another programme so i can take a
pic and
> send it to someone else..thanks anyone
HI! in order to capture the desktop i advise to use screen Vidchot.
Quite nice tool! Anditss an easy and fastest way to take video screen
captures from Windows screen.
YOu can download it from: http://www.geovid.com/Screen_VidShot/
:)