Clock keeps resetting

hachiman

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
Hi

Had a problem for a couple of weeks now.
I have windows XP Pro and my Mobo is an ASUS M2N-E-SLI which is less than a year old.
A few weeks ago after playing a game i had to do a cmos jumper change to get my PC to reboot.

Ever since then every few reboots i notice the time is wrong.
I go into the bios and can see the dates changed to either Dec 31st 2006 or Jan 1st 2007.
I have to manually change this'but again the process will start again a few days later.

Also occasionally i am getting checksum error-defaults loaded.
I know the jumpers on the correct cmos pins and don't really understand why this happens occasionally and not every reboot if there is a problem?

Any ideas?

pinaplex

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
it's most definitely a CMOS battery issue. like o1ldie said, just take out the battery, and goto the store and get a matching one....problem solved....

slockton

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
Hello,

I had a similar issue with an Asus P5Q Pro - i.e., that a six-month old motherboard kept on losing it's time and BIOS settings (it also wouldn't come out of sleep mode properly). I replaced the battery and it fixed the problem. However, six months later the issue has resurfaced. This seems to be a larger problem at hand; surely it's not normal to have to replace a motherboard's battery every half a year?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
S