Question Coax splitter for internet and tv

Jolaoso

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015
Not sure if this is the right thread for this but I have a issue. I have a moca because we don't have Ethernet wired in our house just coax and it was stupidly difficult to get it to work and now the internet goes out and it does not work anymore. I moved it down saris where the modem and gateway are and switched out the 2 way -3.5db splitter for a 4 way -7db splitter it worked for a while then just stopped working. I feel like I need another splitter but not sure if I need a 3 way -3.5 or something else. What is connected is the moca, tv and internet and where im connected it is where everything starts where the fiber optic comes into the house. Im able to use wifi now when i disconnected the moca but I want to be able to use it. We use Verizon by the way.

Jolaoso

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015
I would try your runs without a splitter--just put the moca units on each end and see if you can get proper ethernet speeds through it using iperf. If not, the problem is somewhere in the walls.
Ok so I have 2 parts to this moca system I have and the second part is disconnected entirely and its working now :/ im annoyed because im not sure what the reasoning is, any thoughts? Its WCB300N with ECB2500C