Spitfire7

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
Hi guys, I am having major issues out of nowhere with the latest patch 1.67 (9/28/2023). Everything has been working perfectly fine, but I was forced to install the latest patch update 1.67 which now won't let me play the game anymore. This is such a bummer and so frustrating.

I can enter into the main menu, I can choose campaign, and even see the specific missions, but once I select a mission and then select a difficulty level, it takes me to the next screen with the white shiny light cut screen and just keeps replaying that over and over for up to at least 15 minutes plus and never able to enter into any level.

Also, now that I tried some troubleshooting and updated my graphics drivers, I have a message at the top saying "Installing shaders for multiplayer" which only stops and holds at 11%. When I go to campaign, this same message is at the top and stops at 7%.

Here is what I have tried so far:
I have tried removing the player folder in the Documents, I have tried removing the BattleEntertainment folder in AppData, I have reinstalled the game entirely, and like mentioned even updated gpu drivers to the latest as well as reverted back still doing the same issues.

Anyone else having this same issue?
Any ideas on how to fix this?

I have a bug report/feedback out to Activision, but for their support section, its like they are trying to keep us from reporting things and I haven't heard back. I had to did deep.

I'm hoping for someone else who has had this issue and knows how to fix it. Or someone with more ideas.

PC specs are far beyond required system recommendations and everything is up to date and recently a pretty newish computer. Remember, everything has been working perfectly find until the update. Thanks.

Spitfire7

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
Okay I partially figured out a temporary fix.

I was actually having two issues from this update. The update required a shader reinstall, but was locking up due to my graphics settings or something weird like that. So if your shader install is locking up at 0% or something like that, here a fix.

You have to get the game into safe-mode. One way to do this is go into the game and then ctrl-Alt-Del and force quite. Then go back into the game and a popup window should say the game didn't quit properly do you want to run in safe mode. Select yes. Then your shaders should start to install.

This also resets your graphics settings.

The other issue that wasn't allowing me to enter into the game is due to some graphics bug. I used to have all my settings on maxed and it ran great easily 60fps or more. Now for some reason, I have to lower my "Texture Resolution" down from high to low. I can't even run it at normal. It has to be set on low to run the game at all.

It doesn't matter if I change my 4k resolution or even mess with other settings. I have narrowed it down to being the resolution texture setting. This needs to be fixed and I have no idea why this would be now affecting me from this new patch update. So stupid and frustrating.

I spent hours starting from the lowest settings and incrementally increase one setting at a time and it came to the texture resolution being the issue.

However, now my graphics are a little crappy now with lower textures, but at least I figured it out and now can play.

I hope this helps someone else. If there is a greater fix where I can use max settings again, I would sure appreciate it.