Commodore Launching Amiga-brand Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]fun500[/nom]It sounds good until you read into it: http://www.osnews.com/story/23756/ [...] gal_Action[/citation]

Thank you for pointing that out. They have never had the best practices and this is just another suppression of free speech of the press.

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
lmao... in the original comodore case? yay another peice of shit to turn all brownish yellow no matter how well you take care of it and clean it. btw i hope they fail.

angelraiter

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Ah, the memories! That Commodore PC64 sounds cool actually, mostly for the retro "awe effect" it would bring to a room. I had the C64 and later an Amiga 600 back in the days, eventually moved on to the 386dx33.. Anyways, those were the good days!

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]How about fitting a i7 quadcore and a mATX board inside? Not sure why a Atom desknote need to be that big.[/citation]

Yes, these systems would be more appealing with a bit more power to them.

slimbones

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
The Amiga was a kick-ass machine because of the hardware. A dedicated chip for all the major systems; sound, graphics, I/O, etc.

Pei-chen got it right. That big, clunky box could hold some heavier duty equipment. I'd rather see these guys licensing and manufacturing retro CASES that you could build into, rather than pre-built machines. What is the market, 40 year old nerds that currently don't own a computer?

scifi9000

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
good point, as a 40yo nerd myself, I own several computers, find this case appealing (coz of memories), but am not interested in the anemic contents. Sell the stand alone cases already!

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I am not a big sue happy person and i enjoy the freedom of speach. But news casters and internet writters try to hard to pursway people one way or another toward their own personal believes and in doing so they ussually make up stuff. It's one thing to say something negetive person to person about something, but when you write a review based on something you know little about and then put your own twists on it just to make a news artical, then your asking for trouble. I was never a big commodore fan, but who knows what tommorow might bring. Go Commodore..............
g.

xnashx

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
All they need to do is put that turbo button back and the color beige. Retro case is gonna be really awesome..i think i would actually buy one and put it in our lab.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
thanks but no thanks...are geeks stepping in the past....move forward people, move forward...progression is the key to a brighter future for ourselves and for generations to come

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
The Amiga was never very popular, that's why it died.

Like the Alpha, it became much better after it died, but, while it lived, it was a niche product.

Unless this thing is running a 68K based processor, it's not an Amiga. Emulator + PC Hardware doesn't make an Amiga. It's just a PC in drag.

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Personally not interested as the Commodore name means nothing to me. I wasn't able to take part in the retro days of computing.[/citation]

Then you are just a teen punk. :)

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
I tinkered with AROS a wee bit ... the OS has promise. If they get the bugs worked out and the hardware all spiffy... I think the "others" best watch their backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.