[SOLVED] Compability with a new HP EliteDesk 800 G2

Aviv1

Honorable
Feb 23, 2015
Hello,

I am going to upgrade my very old PC to a renewed HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Tower PC.
My main usages for the computer are gaming (COD, PUBG, BF) and programming (Python mainly).

The specs for the renewed PC i found are as following:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 (3.4GHz, 4 Cores)
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133 MHz
  • Memory: 480GB SSD + 320GB SATA
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphic

As you can see everything suits great for my needs, except for the GPU - which I'm going to get from friends.
The GPUs that I can get are as following:
  • Radeon RX 460
  • GTX 1060 2GB
  • GT 1050 TI

Before I buy the EliteDesk PC, I have to know whether these GPUs be compatible with it and properly fit in the case.
In addition - I also have a Xonar DGX sound card that I would like to install, in addition to the GPU.

I am a bit clueless on this and would highly appreciate your advice -
Will the sound card AND one of these GPUs could be installed in the EliteDesk?

Thank you very much!

Solution
D
I would go with the 1050ti as most do not require extra power connectors.

Both that sounds card and video card will fit into that case/motherboard.
D

Deleted member 362816

I would go with the 1050ti as most do not require extra power connectors.

Both that sounds card and video card will fit into that case/motherboard.

Solution

Aviv1

Honorable
Feb 23, 2015
Depends on the power supply in the case and if it has extra power connections for the video card.
Thank you very much for your answer!

The PSU in the case is HP 320W EPA90 ENTL13.
Will it be enough the RX 460 2GB or the other ones? I am afraid to damage my computer if the wattage is not enough.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for your answer!

The PSU in the case is HP 320W EPA90 ENTL13.
Will it be enough the RX 460 2GB or the other ones? I am afraid to damage my computer if the wattage is not enough.

Thanks!

The recommended power for the cards would be listed on the vendor page for them, but a 320 PSU is enough to run a 460 or a 1050 card. Issue may be the secondary power the video cards may need.

Aviv1

Honorable
Feb 23, 2015
Thank you everyone for your answers.

At the end I decided not to push my luck and upgraded the PSU, then installed the RX 460 card.
It was quite a challange, but I managed to do it with the 24 to 6 PIN connector.
I locally bought a Z230 SFF compatible connector, and after a long research I came to conclusion that it is the exact same connector as the G1 800 one. Here is the pinout of the connections in G1 800 for those interested.

Cheers!