[SOLVED] Compatibility Check

Oct 31, 2020
I have a question. I was building an office PC for myself. I want the PC to include Bluetooth and Wifi Functionalities. Here are the components I have chosen. Could you please check whether they are all compatible with another and meet the required demands?

Parts:
CPU: Intel Core i5-10400
RAM: Memory G.Skill Aegis, DDR4, 16 GB, 3000MHz, CL16 (F4-3000C16S-16GISB)
Power Supply Unit: SilentiumPC Elementum E2 550W (SPC252)
HDD: Disk Toshiba P300 1 TB 3.5" SATA III (HDWD110UZSVA)
SSD: Dysk SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB 2.5'' SATA III (MZ-76E500B/EU)
Network Card: Card WiFi Bluetooth 5 Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I PCI-E
PC Case: Case Genesis Irid 503
Motherboard: Płyta główna MSI B460M-A PRO

I just want to make sure I don't make any mistakes before ordering the components so please give it a complete check, especially whether the Motherboard is compatible and if the Network Card provides Bluetooth and Wifi.

Solution
I have a question. I was building an office PC for myself. I want the PC to include Bluetooth and Wifi Functionalities. Here are the components I have chosen. Could you please check whether they are all compatible with another and meet the required demands?

Parts:

I just want to make sure I don't make any mistakes...

Parts:

I just want to make sure I don't make any mistakes before ordering the components so please give it a complete check, especially whether the Motherboard is compatible and if the Network Card provides Bluetooth and Wifi.
A couple things. With the CPU you picked you'll be limited to 2666mhz. ram speed. Also, an m.2 NVME drive would be a faster SSD choice and the MSI board supports it. Personally, I'd get a 1TB m.2 NVME drive and skip the hard drive altogether. Lastly, you need to pick a higher quality power supply. The Silentium Elementum is a low quality model and I don't recommend it. I don't know your location so I can't recommend a specific power supply. Since you're using iGPU a good 450 watt would be fine. If Corsair CX450 is available it would be a much better choice and does not cost too much.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ryqFsX

Solution
Oct 31, 2020
A couple things. With the CPU you picked you'll be limited to 2666mhz. ram speed. Also, an m.2 NVME drive would be a faster SSD choice and the MSI board supports it. Personally, I'd get a 1TB m.2 NVME drive and skip the hard drive altogether. Lastly, you need to pick a higher quality power supply. The Silentium Elementum is a low quality model and I don't recommend it. I don't know your location so I can't recommend a specific power supply. Since you're using iGPU a good 450 watt would be fine. If Corsair CX450 is available it would be a much better choice and does not cost too much.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ryqFsX
Alright, thank you. Is there anything else that may cause a compatibility issue?

Alright, thank you. Is there anything else that may cause a compatibility issue?
I don't see any issues with this build. Here's the final list. I used Amazon.de for Euro prices and swapped the PSU for something that should be easier for you to find and has enough power to add a discreet graphics card if you wish. Changed the motherboard to a model that has built-in wifi and bluetooth. The price works out to be about the same as using a wifi adapter.
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/7nhWt8

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2020
Alright, so this is where things stand. I changed the RAM and the SSD. I removed the HDD altogether and changed the SSD, however, it is still 500gb which I believe is sufficient for now. The rest I could not change including the motherboard due to pricing issues and the ones you recommended were not available in my region. Therefore, here is a full list of my components. Please check whether these specific components which I have listed below are compatible for this build.

Parts:
RAM: ADATA Premier, DDR4, 8 GB, 2666MHz, CL19 (AD4U266638G19-S)
SSD: Dysk SSD Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2 2280 PCI-E x4 Gen3 NVMe (MZ-V7E500BW)

Thank You!

Alright, so this is where things stand. I changed the RAM and the SSD. I removed the HDD altogether and changed the SSD, however, it is still 500gb which I believe is sufficient for now. The rest I could not change including the motherboard due to pricing issues and the ones you recommended were not available in my region. Therefore, here is a full list of my components. Please check whether these specific components which I have listed below are compatible for this build.

Parts:
RAM: ADATA Premier, DDR4, 8 GB, 2666MHz, CL19 (AD4U266638G19-S)
SSD: Dysk SSD Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2 2280 PCI-E x4 Gen3 NVMe (MZ-V7E500BW)

Thank You!
The power supply is garbage. The rest is fine.