Competition 29 results

elliott

On 2005-04-02 17:46:55, avh@softalk.ws wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> The results for competition 29 have been updated to the web-site.
>
> Tony
> http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/angband_comp

I think something was buggy about my version of Grimm, because even though the
character doesn't have WINNER status for some reason, he actually did kill Fu
Manchu. For proof, note that he wasn't actually on level 8 in the save file,
he was on level 8 of The Lab, which corresponds to level -7.

Elliott wrote:
> On 2005-04-02 17:46:55, avh@softalk.ws wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > The results for competition 29 have been updated to the web-site.
> >
> > Tony
> > http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/angband_comp
> >

> I think something was buggy about my version of Grimm, because even
though the
> character doesn't have WINNER status for some reason, he actually did
kill Fu
> Manchu. For proof, note that he wasn't actually on level 8 in the
save file,
> he was on level 8 of The Lab, which corresponds to level -7.

I'll check this and possibly update your status to Winner.

I'll also pass a copy of the savefile onto the maintainer of the
variant in case it is a bug.

Tony

valis

In article <1112600999.111910.189300@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
avh@softalk.ws wrote:

> Elliott wrote:
> > On 2005-04-02 17:46:55, avh@softalk.ws wrote:
> >
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > The results for competition 29 have been updated to the web-site.
> > >
> > > Tony
> > > http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/angband_comp
> > >

> > I think something was buggy about my version of Grimm, because even
> though the
> > character doesn't have WINNER status for some reason, he actually did
> kill Fu
> > Manchu. For proof, note that he wasn't actually on level 8 in the
> save file,
> > he was on level 8 of The Lab, which corresponds to level -7.
>
> I'll check this and possibly update your status to Winner.
>
> I'll also pass a copy of the savefile onto the maintainer of the
> variant in case it is a bug.

It probably is. Steamband can be a little rough around the edges. :)
Hopefully 0.4.1 will clean up a lot of these issues.

> Tony

-Campbell

Yup, I am sure Elliot is the true winner of this competition, and with a very
amazing result as well. 650k turns or so if i recall right. So let me (the fake
winner) be the first to conragutalate him.
(besides, i am happy with my second place:)

On 2005-04-04 22:03:20, Artagas <artagas@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Yup, I am sure Elliot is the true winner of this competition, and with a very
> amazing result as well. 650k turns or so if i recall right. So let me (the fake
> winner) be the first to conragutalate him.
> (besides, i am happy with my second place:)

I'll take my third and also give a hearty Good Job to Elliot. My head is still
spinning at how he did that in 650k turns. I doubt my Grimm will make it in
under twice that...

-- manchu
There is a reason why all my facial hair is burned off.....

elliott

On 2005-04-04 11:45:49, VALIS <valis@oook.cz> wrote:

> In article ,
> avh@softalk.ws wrote:

> > > I think something was buggy about my version of Grimm, because even
> > though the
> > > character doesn't have WINNER status for some reason, he actually did
> > kill Fu
> > > Manchu. For proof, note that he wasn't actually on level 8 in the
> > save file,
> > > he was on level 8 of The Lab, which corresponds to level -7.
> >
> > I'll check this and possibly update your status to Winner.
> >
> > I'll also pass a copy of the savefile onto the maintainer of the
> > variant in case it is a bug.
>
> It probably is. Steamband can be a little rough around the edges. :)
> Hopefully 0.4.1 will clean up a lot of these issues.
>
> > Tony
>
> -Campbell

I look forward to it, Campbell. Steamband may be rough around the edges, but
its a great variant and I think its a lot of fun to play.