[SOLVED] Components Upgrade Ryzen 7 2700x Won't Post

Nov 6, 2019
I purchased a Ryzen 7 2700x and a MSI GeForce RTX Armor 2070 as new upgrades for my PC.

Specs Before upgrades:
CPU - Ryzen 7 1700x 3.4GHz
Motherboard - MSI B350 Tomahawk
Graphics Card - MSI Geforce GTX Gaming 1060 6GB
Memory - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133Mhz
Power Supply - Raidmax Thunder V2 735w
OS - Windows 10 Home x64

After I had Installed the new parts my PC will no longer post. Before I even installed the new parts I had updated my motherboards BIOS and all my needed drivers as I had read that some boards have issues posting with the 2000 series of Ryzen processors because of out of date BIOS. Confused as to why I was having any issues I figured that maybe the processor wasn't seated right and decided to remove it and try to place it back in. When i removed the cooler on the processor the processor came with it. This made me think that it wasn't seated right and so I placed the processor back in and reinstalled the cooler. Still no post. Throughout this my motherboards CPU LED was on and kept flicking on and off about every 5 seconds. I tried putting my old graphics card in, still no post. I tried putting all my old parts back in exactly as I had them before but now even with the exact same PC parts I started with I still wasn't getting a post or display. So I figured that my motherboard had maybe died or the locking mechanism had broken since the processor came out when I removed the cooler. I went and picked up and Asus ROG Strix B450-f Gaming.

I Installed the motherboard and all the new parts and tried it again still with no post. Now my motherboards DRAM LED is lighting up. So I tried each stick in every slot to rule out whether or not my RAM somehow died in the process of changing out parts, no post. I've tried removing all the parts and swapping them out with the old ones and even trying to boot without the RAM in. Somehow I am still not getting a post. I tried booting the PC and leaving it to run for and hour as I had also read that sometimes with the Ryzen processors they can take some time to boot. I have inspected both processors and neither one have bent or broken pins and are in perfect condition. I'm waiting till after work today to test one of my buddies ram sticks to see if that is really the cause but I don't know how my RAM could have broke in the 30min or so I was changing out the parts, in fact I never even touched it until I had to put it into the new motherboard. I've also read that sometimes unplugging the reset switch will get you a post and I will be trying that as well. Any Ideas?

Solution
Make sure the 24-pin and 8-pin ATX power connectors are seated properly on the motherboard and so does the 8-Pin PCI-e power connector to the GPU.

I would try a PSU from a reliable manufacturer and see if that is the issue.
Raidmax units are known for dying unexpectedly and sometimes taking components with it.
Make sure the 24-pin and 8-pin ATX power connectors are seated properly on the motherboard and so does the 8-Pin PCI-e power connector to the GPU.

I would try a PSU from a reliable manufacturer and see if that is the issue.
Raidmax units are known for dying unexpectedly and sometimes taking components with it.

Solution
Nov 6, 2019
After further investigation I finally got the computer to post. The new motherboard I had gotten has a only one clip where you install the ram. so when I installed the ram one end was slightly higher and not connected than the other even though I heard the clicking noise. After pushing pretty hard on it the ram was solidly connected and posted right afterwards. Thank you for your help!