Compressed Air Use in PC

Sturmgewehr_44

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
My PC is kind of getting dusty for the first time in two years. I have adequate dust filters, and that partly helped.

The situation is nothing bad, but it is noticeable, and I want things to look more clean and inviting to the point that it would be a suitable place to eat off of, if that makes any sense...

Can I use Canned Air to clear the dust away? Are there any dangers of doing so? Is there a risk of freezing my hand and causing Frostbite, or accidently spraying liquidised Co2 inside of my system?

I am aware about the possibility of damaging connected fan headers, but is there anything else that could short or otherwise cause harm to any of my components?

make sure you unplug it from the wall and dont let the can spray out the liquid. big clumps of dust should be pulled off by hand. otherwise no worries, thats what its made for. dont spray the any fan blades to the point that their spinning very fast. its possible you can over spin a fan past its design limits. though that happens usually in tiny fans like those found in laptops.

Sturmgewehr_44

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
How can the liquid be sprayed out? Is that caused by shaking it or using it in the wrong position? How quick does it evaporate, and could it be a problem if that happens?

How about ESD? Can static discharge be caused when the dust is lifted off the system. Why can't I use the Air to clear large particles of dust?

Sturmgewehr_44

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
I thought the supercooled Co2 in the can rapidly cools when using it, and it can cause problems when exposed to skin?