Question Computer artifacting please help! (Long story)

john2127

Honorable
Jun 12, 2014
Built a computer November of 2019 that has been giving me artifacting issues as of late.

Specs: Ausus prime x470 pro mobo, ryzen 5 3600 overclocked to 4.2ghz, 32 gb of trident z neo at 3200mhz, Gigabyte RX 5700 xt 8gb not overclocked.

I dont know if this has any significance but to start from the beginning I had some audible GPU coil whine when I had a tx650m psu (my first psu) so I bought another tx750m too see if that would help and it didn't so I got used too it. Fast forward to July this year and the tx750m has some weird sounds coming from the unit (the sounds would start slowly and ramp up) and a few weeks after me noticing my computer starts artifacting. It always starts in game (more specifically the menu) but I can exit the game and be on my desktop and it will still be on the screen. Oddly enough the artifacting takes a minute to get off my screen even when I shut off the computer from the psu. So thinking its a faulty psu I order an hx750i and now my GPU doesn't have coil whine but the PSU does and about a full month into having the new power supply the artifacting just happened again. When the artifacting occurs I still can "use" the computer but its hard too see lol and like I said the artifacting still occurs after exiting the game. So my question is what is likely to be causing this?

I would like to mention after the initial artifacting occurred and I started using the HX750i I've noticed some in game artifacts in csgo.

john2127

Honorable
Jun 12, 2014
Sorry for the late response fellas. GPU is not overclocked and all temps are normal. I've been testing out my system with cinebench and superstition in game benchmark at the same time to draw some power and see if its the psu but no artifacting. It seems as though the artifacting happens at random. I also tested ram with memory diagnostic tool and no issues their. Could this be due to dirty power somehow?