Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600x
GPU: ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super
RAM: 2, 8GB 3200Mghz G-Skill
Mobo: MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi
PSU: Corsair AX1000
Storage: 2, Samsung SSD's, 250Gb, 1Tb

Currently Running 2 Monitors:
Acer XFA240 (G-sync)(144HZ)(Display Port)

Acer R240HY(60HZ)(HDMI)

Problem #1(Main Problem):

While playing any games such as Destiny 2, Borderlands 3, or Rust I noticed an abnormality. When using my second screen to watch Youtube Frames become choppy, I don't lose frames according to FPS counters, they just become choppy whereas the Youtube video is working just fine. This will also randomly occur whenever someone messages me over steam say while playing destiny 2, keep in mind i'm running it at 144 FPS V-sync. Basically I can't seem to take advantage of a high end computer with both of my monitors, which is somewhat frustrating.

Problem #2:

When I alt tab out of games Such as Destiny 2 and or Borderlands 3 sometimes it will attempt to display the game on my 2nd monitor and cause my main monitor to reset, As if it had went to sleep and is turning back on, sometimes even doing this to both of the monitors. I'm assuming this could more or less be a driver issue as this was not a problem while using previous drivers.

My Question:

While running at high frame rates is it normal for problem #1's behavior? If so I still haven't verified whether or not this still happens at lower FPS(I believe it does) but I will post an edit when I get around to it.

Solution
I play Rust as well and problem no.1 happened to me until i disabled Game Bar which was set to "Game Mode" basically it focuses on your game to provide better fps at the expense of PC performance. Also setting your power plan to High Performance will help. Other method is to switch to Optimized Performance in Invidia Control Panel.

Problem no.2 only occur when you play a game with lower resolution than your desktop resolution. e.g. Rust is on 1680x1050 and desktop is at 1920x1080. ideally they should be matched. If problem still happening, set fullscreen mode to borderless, what that does is it allows for quick switching between the game and other tasks at the cost of game performance while Exclusive mode...

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
I play Rust as well and problem no.1 happened to me until i disabled Game Bar which was set to "Game Mode" basically it focuses on your game to provide better fps at the expense of PC performance. Also setting your power plan to High Performance will help. Other method is to switch to Optimized Performance in Invidia Control Panel.

Problem no.2 only occur when you play a game with lower resolution than your desktop resolution. e.g. Rust is on 1680x1050 and desktop is at 1920x1080. ideally they should be matched. If problem still happening, set fullscreen mode to borderless, what that does is it allows for quick switching between the game and other tasks at the cost of game performance while Exclusive mode does the opposite, gains fps at the cost of quick task switching.

It should not affect your performance according to your PC Specs. If none of the methods above worked try updating your PC BIOS and chipset drivers to the latest.

Solution

wildsod

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600x
GPU: ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super
RAM: 2, 8GB 3200Mghz G-Skill
Mobo: MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi
PSU: Corsair AX1000
Storage: 2, Samsung SSD's, 250Gb, 1Tb

Currently Running 2 Monitors:
Acer XFA240 (G-sync)(144HZ)(Display Port)

Acer R240HY(60HZ)(HDMI)

Problem #1(Main Problem):

While playing any games such as Destiny 2, Borderlands 3, or Rust I noticed an abnormality. When using my second screen to watch Youtube Frames become choppy, I don't lose frames according to FPS counters, they just become choppy whereas the Youtube video is working just fine. This will also randomly occur whenever someone messages me over steam say while playing destiny 2, keep in mind i'm running it at 144 FPS V-sync. Basically I can't seem to take advantage of a high end computer with both of my monitors, which is somewhat frustrating.

Problem #2:

When I alt tab out of games Such as Destiny 2 and or Borderlands 3 sometimes it will attempt to display the game on my 2nd monitor and cause my main monitor to reset, As if it had went to sleep and is turning back on, sometimes even doing this to both of the monitors. I'm assuming this could more or less be a driver issue as this was not a problem while using previous drivers.

My Question:

While running at high frame rates is it normal for problem #1's behavior? If so I still haven't verified whether or not this still happens at lower FPS(I believe it does) but I will post an edit when I get around to it.

Hmm funny I just done a post regarding my high end setup and by the sounds of its a bit mine with choppy FPS
Try useing this program and see if it solves the issue, did for me but dont understand why!!

My Post here.. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/help-bottle-necking.3537369/

Try running this program, if dont work after you install theres 2 files to install from microsoft, install them and it worked just fine me. be intresting to see if this stops your issue with choppy FPS
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmUyajYmZyU

Jul 25, 2019

Problem no.2 only occur when you play a game with lower resolution than your desktop resolution. e.g. Rust is on 1680x1050 and desktop is at 1920x1080. ideally they should be matched. If problem still happening, set fullscreen mode to borderless, what that does is it allows for quick switching between the game and other tasks at the cost of game performance while Exclusive mode does the opposite, gains fps at the cost of quick task switching.

It should not affect your performance according to your PC Specs. If none of the methods above worked try updating your PC BIOS and chipset drivers to the latest.
Hmm regarding towards #1 I've done most everything listed but i will make sure game bar is indeed disabled, as for #2 i'll keep that in mind i'm not sure why but the video modes are indeed matching which is why i'm a tad bit confused, however, i will consider using borderless windowed.

Jul 25, 2019
Hmm funny I just done a post regarding my high end setup and by the sounds of its a bit mine with choppy FPS
Try useing this program and see if it solves the issue, did for me but dont understand why!!

My Post here.. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/help-bottle-necking.3537369/

Try running this program, if dont work after you install theres 2 files to install from microsoft, install them and it worked just fine me. be intresting to see if this stops your issue with choppy FPS
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmUyajYmZyU
Interesting I might give this a shot,cpu temps only max at around 69^C when loading new instances after that average around 54^c, i'm not 100% on this but if it comes down to it and I really just want to get the performance that I should have on this pc i'll try it