Athera

Distinguished
May 13, 2016
Completely baffled, my computer crashes with only certain games and I really need some advice/help. No crash dumps are generated either and there's BSOD or anything. It just immediately shuts down with no warning, signs, and sounds. I've tried multiple things, fixed hard drive error, no overheating computer never exceeds 140 Fahrenheit with intense games, replaced PSU for a while and it still crashes etc etc. I've tried diagnosing everything myself and could really use some insight I might be blind to. I can also provide more information if needed!

SPECS:
Graphics card: nvidia GTX 1060
Motherboard: Gigabyte motherboard
Processor: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
16gb RAM
Windows 10
corsair 750w PSU
dried tears

Last edited:
Solution
Okay, update! For anyone else having fooled around like me, I finally got it fixed. After talking it over with my father (he's built PCs many times in the past) he immediately knew it was the power supply. Apparently a surged happen sometime back and messed up the PSU pretty badly. Just replaced, done over 10 benchmarks completely that would've otherwise crashed my computer within just a few seconds. And after more continue usage it's already performing MUCH better. Hope this helps anyone else, I just didn't expect the PSU sadly :p
well I mean generally most people know what motherboard they have via the box or written on the board or windows. But more importantly e.g. asus boards they bring out new bios's the manufacturer no were else to fix problems with the board that arise after manufacture and can range in fixes I do not know what board you have but might be worth looking generally you push delete before boot to get into the bios and they generally have some sort of number 1005 for instance do not do anything just gather info

Athera

Distinguished
May 13, 2016
I have a Z97X-UD5H, Gigabyte Technology motherboard currently, I've looked through the settings in the BIOS so far nothing has helped, I've also used whocrashed and no dumps are created because the computer seems to crash so fast it can't make one. I've tried all methods to get the dumps to be written when it crashes to no avail, Event Viewer doesn't bring back any bug checks either. I'm completely stumped, but I'm 99% sure it's a hardware issue.

Athera

Distinguished
May 13, 2016
Okay, update! For anyone else having fooled around like me, I finally got it fixed. After talking it over with my father (he's built PCs many times in the past) he immediately knew it was the power supply. Apparently a surged happen sometime back and messed up the PSU pretty badly. Just replaced, done over 10 benchmarks completely that would've otherwise crashed my computer within just a few seconds. And after more continue usage it's already performing MUCH better. Hope this helps anyone else, I just didn't expect the PSU sadly :p

Solution

TRENDING THREADS