Question Computer crashing randomly

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Alrighty so Ive got this issue thats starting to make me angry. Id just be playing overwatch with my buddy and then suddenly my monitors turn black, i get a stupid repetitive generic glitch noise and itll either turn off by itself or i have to turn it off. Ive already tried running sfc /scannow in cmd, done a system restore, checked for updates, and it seemed to have worked for a day but of course it did it again and thats what im here. I thought it might be overheating so Ive got the top of the tower off right now so it can breath and ive looked into a couple programs that read temperature and one reading of something called cputin seemed off the charts at like 130 celcius or something but then i got another and thats reading around 60 right now with a max of 90 ish, idk if those are abnormal at all.

if it helps my specs are:
i7 920 on a workstation motherboard with 12gb ram, 1000w evga psu, gtx 970 4gb gpu, sound blaster z sound card, 480gb ssd. no special cooling or anything, just regular fan type stuff and the case has pretty good airflow so i dont know what's wrong.

So ya, thats my unfortunate story, any suggestions or solutions would be much appreciated, thanks

Watch your laguage.
Anagramed vulgarity will not be tolerated.
Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is the PSU? You're on a pretty old CPU, are you sure there isn't any dirt/debris in or on the CPU cooler? Which version of the OS are you on? What other games have you tried to tax the system without seeing a shut down? I would pin the issue to the PSU if the system powers off or reboots when taxed.

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is the PSU? You're on a pretty old CPU, are you sure there isn't any dirt/debris in or on the CPU cooler? Which version of the OS are you on? What other games have you tried to tax the system without seeing a shut down? I would pin the issue to the PSU if the system powers off or reboots when taxed.
noted good sir. and its not too old, like 3 years maybe? and ya it is a pretty old cpu, apart from some dust on the fan, i dont notice anything. its been a while since i cleaned everything out with some compressed air, but i dont see anything standing out to me. Im on latest version of windows 10, and ive played other games like black ops 3, borderlands, steep, portal rocket league, all on max settings, steep being the most intensive but still ran fine with no problems. And should maybe restate what I said before, it doesnt shut off or restart by itself when it crashed with that noise, I have to turn it off myself and then restart it.