[SOLVED] Computer doesn't work after sudden power removal..

Nov 7, 2019
Okay so... I got home, Opened my pc, Started using it, Noticed that it was going slow, and as a clueless person, I tried to just restart it, so I left it after pressing restart on the windows, After a few minutes, It was not restarting not even the "Windows cannot close these programs" messages showed up, So I just pressed the restart button on the side of the cpu computer.. It turned off! But alas, It did not turn back on and now, Whenever I press the power button the fan works for a few moments and turns back off.. Nothing but the fan works and if I press and hold the power button it just lets the fan go on and on but not actually turn on the pc! Please help...

I am sorry if This is not the right thread for it!

Solution
Hold on buying parts. Focus on identifying the problem.

Genesis PSU - are you able to read the model number and wattage?

Things to do:

Open the case and ensure that all cables, components, RAM, etc. are fully and firmly in place.

If the case is full of dust and debris, clean the computer.

Replace the CMOS battery - likely that the existing battery is okay but no harm in a new battery. Just as a matter of elimination.

Run Reliability Monitor/History to look for error codes and warnings on your system.

Event Viewer can also be used in the same manner. Event Viewer is not particularly user friendly.

The following link from this Forum should help:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html...
Nov 7, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Are you able to get into BIOS? Windows Safe Mode?

Edit:Ah, after I woke up It was "Running normally again" but the monitor won't work for some odd reason. Thank you for the response!

Edit: Wait! Nope... It stopped working again after plugging up the ram properly...

The PSU... It sometimes makes noise, I've had all the hardware in my pc for 2+ years, Model is... Genesis I think it is?

I Have a windows 7, Emax PCI Express 3.0, 4 gigs of ram Zeppelin?, CPU is... AMD a4 6300 series. Is that what people need to know.

And I've been using this pc for 2+ years, Do you think I should just get a new one/ upgrade some parts? (And what parts if so?) Again... Thank you

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan

Things to do:

Open the case and ensure that all cables, components, RAM, etc. are fully and firmly in place.

Replace the CMOS battery - likely that the existing battery is okay but no harm in a new battery. Just as a matter of elimination.

Run Reliability Monitor/History to look for error codes and warnings on your system.

Event Viewer can also be used in the same manner. Event Viewer is not particularly user friendly.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Check the boot drive: make, model, capacity. How full is the drive?

Solution
Nov 7, 2019

Things to do:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Check the boot drive: make, model, capacity. How full is the drive?

I just tried to open it again and it wasn't the ram, so nvm. But Still it runs (The fans) But my mouse and keyboard and monitor are not working.

I see, So I'll try changing the battery...

I cleaned the computer From all the dust and webs...

Yep, The Components are firmly in place, I think...

And.. I DOn't know about the link, It just sends me to a 404 site.

What's the Drives? The memory/storage? If so they're 70% full.

The things written on the PSU is... ATX 500w
voltage Current Frequency
Ac Input {220V} { 4A} {50 - 60Hz}

Dc Input

Again.. Thank you kind people for the responses

Ralston18

Titan
I will look into the link 404 problem - likely I used an old link.

Use Reliability Monitor/History to look for error codes and warnings.

Drives: Yes - hard drives (HDD) and Solid State Drives (SSD).

70% full for a drive may become a problem.

" But my mouse and keyboard and monitor are not working."

Try your mouse, keyboard, and monitor on another known working computer.

Try other known working mice, keyboard, and monitors on your system.

Determine if the problems stay with the computer or follow the devices.

500 Watt PSU should be enough - what motherboard do you have?

Overall if the mouse, keyboard, and monitor work else where then the pc is suspect. Starting with the PSU.

TRENDING THREADS