[SOLVED] Computer freezing happening progressively quicker after boot, SSD dying?

msmith3009

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
Over the past two weeks my PC has been booting and then freezing for roughly 20 seconds before returning to normal. At first I thought nothing of it but over time it has been doing it pretty much every morning quicker and quicker. At first I could make it to the desktop and it would freeze, then the login screen and now it's freezing before it makes it to the login screen and hanging on a black screen, just for the 20 seconds before making it to the login screen and working fine after. My first thought was it might be the SSD but I'm not sure as nothing else seems to be wrong or running slow, other than the boot.

The SSD is a Cruical MX500 500gb and it's life is reading at 85%, and apparently it's in good health according to Cruical's software. I've only had it about a year now but it's been my only storage so it's been used a lot. Just want to make sure it's the SSD doing it and not something else before I buy a new one. Any advice? Thanks

Over the past two weeks my PC has been booting and then freezing for roughly 20 seconds before returning to normal. At first I thought nothing of it but over time it has been doing it pretty much every morning quicker and quicker. At first I could make it to the desktop and it would freeze, then the login screen and now it's freezing before it makes it to the login screen and hanging on a black screen, just for the 20 seconds before making it to the login screen and working fine after. My first thought was it might be the SSD but I'm not sure as nothing else seems to be wrong or running slow, other than the boot.

The SSD is a Cruical MX500 500gb and it's life is reading at 85%, and apparently it's in good health according to Cruical's software. I've only had it about a year now but it's been my only storage so it's been used a lot. Just want to make sure it's the SSD doing it and not something else before I buy a new one. Any advice? Thanks
Post a screenshot from crystal disk info for the disk.