Status
Not open for further replies.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
Hey. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, my computer has been getting multiple bluescreens every day and so far, I've found absolutely no way to fix this. Since half of them are caused by "wdiwifi.sys" I've updated my Wi-Fi drivers, but Windows told me that the best drivers for my device are already installed. Since my motherboard is an Asus Tuf Gaming x570-Plus Wi-Fi motherboard, I also uninstalled my Wi-Fi drivers and installed the Wi-Fi driver's from Asus' website multiple times and I still get bluescreens that are caused by "wdiwifi.sys". The other half of the bluescreens are caused by "ntoskrnl.exe" and I think that's because of my Wi-Fi drivers. I've attached some dump files for you to look at.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qeoFLskHpv17OK33p2CFEC1M4kLLBOL5/view?usp=sharing

I've looked all though the internet for a fix and I've found absolutely nothing. Can you please help me fix this?

Solution
crash 1 and 2 caused by Intel WIFI drivers
Aug 09 2021Netwtw08.sysIntel(R) Wireless Networking driver
See my last post for a link to intel updater
crash 3 victim was ArmorySocketServer.exe. Used my armory crate. Could guess cause is WIFI drivers
crash 4 mentions xboxgip.sys which is used for the Xbox controller. not saying its cause, its just in stack text.
crash 5 blames Nvidia drivers - see gardenman''s post for instructions.

crash 4 is an anomaly. or was until I saw
May 05 2013ScpVBus.sysScarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus driver http://forums.pcsx2.net/
scarlet crush are drivers used by software for...

Colif

Win 11 Master
wdiwifi.sys
if the process named in the error is part of windows, its unlikely its the cause. BSOD generally show you the name of process that crashed, but not why.
WDI Driver Framework Driver is part of windows, I can tell just by its description.
WDI = Wireless LAN device interface
ntoskrnl is the most common victim of crashes as its the windows kernel. There isn't much being done on PC its not involved in.

Asus like many other X570 motherboards have Intel WIFI. So you could try running this to see if it offers newer drivers that what Asus have - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

I will ask a friend to check dumps just to confirm it.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/tx05psfL/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:031622-8296-01.dmp (Mar 17 2022 - 02:23:46)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwtw08.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 48 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)

File information:031622-7953-01.dmp (Mar 16 2022 - 09:04:29)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwtw08.sys
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 36 Min(s), and 29 Sec(s)

File information:031622-7937-01.dmp (Mar 16 2022 - 10:49:12)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process running at time of crash: ArmourySocketS)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:031622-7796-01.dmp (Mar 16 2022 - 10:33:04)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 03 Sec(s)

File information:031622-11078-01.dmp (Mar 16 2022 - 02:38:12)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:nvlddmkm.sys (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 16 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)
One of the crashes mentioned nvlddmkm.sys. The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/
There are BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
crash 1 and 2 caused by Intel WIFI drivers
Aug 09 2021Netwtw08.sysIntel(R) Wireless Networking driver
See my last post for a link to intel updater
crash 3 victim was ArmorySocketServer.exe. Used my armory crate. Could guess cause is WIFI drivers
crash 4 mentions xboxgip.sys which is used for the Xbox controller. not saying its cause, its just in stack text.
crash 5 blames Nvidia drivers - see gardenman''s post for instructions.

crash 4 is an anomaly. or was until I saw
May 05 2013ScpVBus.sysScarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock 3 Virtual Bus driver http://forums.pcsx2.net/
scarlet crush are drivers used by software for controlling PS or Xbox controllers. I think the newest version is from 2015.

Solution

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
So, my computer's still getting multiple bluescreens at random on a daily basis even though I've tried more ways to stop them from happening. I tried debugging the most recent minidumps and I haven't been able to find what's causing the bluescreens. Most of them are "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" and they're all "probably" caused by "ntoskrnl.exe". I'm uploaded the most recent minidumps here for you to look at and see if you can help me find what's causing the bluescreens.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

i will ask gardenman to look at dumps

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/bcm0ew73/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:040222-8984-01.dmp (Apr 2 2022 - 03:14:57)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process running at time of crash: AsusCertServic)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 12 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 32 Sec(s)

File information:040222-8937-01.dmp (Apr 2 2022 - 16:22:00)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 52 Sec(s)

File information:040222-8812-01.dmp (Apr 2 2022 - 04:53:17)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER (F7)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process running at time of crash: Red Giant Serv)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 37 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)

File information:040222-8734-01.dmp (Apr 2 2022 - 05:25:58)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process running at time of crash: Red Giant Serv)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 32 Min(s), and 00 Sec(s)

File information:040122-8484-01.dmp (Apr 1 2022 - 00:32:48)
Probably caused by:ntkrnlmp.exe (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
I would try this first.

Start -> Run -> services
Right click AsusCertService -> Properties -> Save path location.
Stop the AsusCertService
Delete the Folder you saw in the Properties step.
Open command prompt with Admin privileges -> SC DELETE "AsusCertService"

info from this location:
What is AsusCertService.exe, and why is it left installed after using the Armoury Crate uninstall utility? : ASUS (reddit.com)

I would also go into bios and turn off the armory crate
Alright. I did what you said. I also uninstalled ASUS Armory Crate, my ASUS motherboard drivers, and my ASUS framework drivers. I hope that this stops the bluescreens on my computer.

Last edited:

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
In first one (040222-8937-01.dmp) nvlddmkm.sys, hcmon.sys and Netwtw08.sys come up. Bugcheck 133. Do you have VMWare installed? I think hcmon.sys is a VMWare mouse driver.

Second one (040322-9093-01.dmp) is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b). lghub.exe is named. logi_joy_bus_enum.sys is Logitech virtual mouse driver?

In third one (040322-9203-01.dmp) nvlddmkm.sys, hcmon.sys and Netwtw08.sys again and this time ibtusb.sys comes up too.

In fourth one (040322-9453-01) Netwtw08.sys, nvlddmkm.sys and wdiwifi.sys are named again. It's a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e).

Last one (040422-9421-01) is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) too. Again nvlddmkm.sys, hcmon.sys and Netwtw08.sys and ibtusb.sys come up.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
In first one (040222-8937-01.dmp) nvlddmkm.sys, hcmon.sys and Netwtw08.sys come up. Bugcheck 133. Do you have VMWare installed? I think hcmon.sys is a VMWare mouse driver.

Second one (040322-9093-01.dmp) is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b). lghub.exe is named. logi_joy_bus_enum.sys is Logitech virtual mouse driver?

In third one (040322-9203-01.dmp) nvlddmkm.sys, hcmon.sys and Netwtw08.sys again and this time ibtusb.sys comes up too.

In fourth one (040322-9453-01) Netwtw08.sys, nvlddmkm.sys and wdiwifi.sys are named again. It's a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e).

Last one (040422-9421-01) is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) too. Again nvlddmkm.sys, hcmon.sys and Netwtw08.sys and ibtusb.sys come up.
1: Yes. I have VMWare installed.

2: Yes. I have the Logitech virtual mouse driver because I have a Logitech gaming mouse.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
I would try this first.

Start -> Run -> services
Right click AsusCertService -> Properties -> Save path location.
Stop the AsusCertService
Delete the Folder you saw in the Properties step.
Open command prompt with Admin privileges -> SC DELETE "AsusCertService"

info from this location:
What is AsusCertService.exe, and why is it left installed after using the Armoury Crate uninstall utility? : ASUS (reddit.com)

By the way, after I deleted the "AsusCertService" service, it just messed up my computer, more. Whenever I'd turn on my computer, it takes about a minute for it to connect to the internet. I had to restore my computer to a previous restore point in order to fix that problem, and now, my computer instantly connects to the internet whenever I turn it on.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I'm still getting bluescreens even after I updated ASUS Armory Crate.
why is Armory Crate back on if you just removed it? Did you go into BIOS and do this part?

as otherwise its probably just reinstalled itself again.

back to the file name that started it all wdiwifi.
WDI Driver Framework Driver is part of windows, I can tell just by its description.
WDI = Wireless LAN device interface

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I'm still getting bluescreens even after I updated ASUS Armory Crate. This dump says that wdiwifi.sys caused this computer's most recent bluescreen.
In this one too (040522-8609-01.dmp) wdiwifi.sys and nvlddmkm.sys come up.

Also is there any updates available to VMware or the Logitech mouse driver?

why is Armory Crate back on if you just removed it? Did you go into BIOS and do this part?
Yes this, Armory Crate might be corrupting the driver by a bad update, caused by problem in WiFi driver maybe, or it actually tripping up WiFi driver :unsure:

I would try disabling the WiFi adapter through device manager and use ethernet connection to see if problems persist to narrow down further to the WiFi driver.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021

as otherwise its probably just reinstalled itself again.

back to the file name that started it all wdiwifi.
When I restored my computer to an earlier restore point, it reinstalled ASUS Armory Crate and I'm keeping it installed so there won't be any problems with my internet connection. I also updated ASUS Armory Crate. However, I still get bluescreens. Here are my computer's most recent minidumps.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
In this one too (040522-8609-01.dmp) wdiwifi.sys and nvlddmkm.sys come up.

Also is there any updates available to VMware or the Logitech mouse driver?

Yes this, Armory Crate might be corrupting the driver by a bad update, caused by problem in WiFi driver maybe, or it actually tripping up WiFi driver :unsure:

I would try disabling the WiFi adapter through device manager and use ethernet connection to see if problems persist to narrow down further to the WiFi driver.
I think that I found the problem to the wdiwifi.sys bluescreens. I found two viruses on my computer and I removed both of them. I'll give you an update to see if the wdiwifi.sys bluescreens continue to happen or not.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I think that I found the problem to the wdiwifi.sys bluescreens. I found two viruses on my computer and I removed both of them. I'll give you an update to see if the wdiwifi.sys bluescreens continue to happen or not.
OK, but as Colif said malware shouldn't cause BSODs usually but if there was infection other data/files could've gone corrupt too, like drivers after they were installed maybe.

I would wipe and do a clean install of OS after finding malware in system. Unless removing the "viruses" and maybe later checking file system with "/sfc scannow" shows no problems and BSODs cease to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.