Question Computer has stopped working and freezing on startup

cm9019

Prominent
Dec 18, 2021
My computer was working fine for a while, but I had recently started it up for the first time in a few months. When I booted it up for the first time everything seemed to be fine, a couple hours later I got a blue screen. The computer would turn on but none of the peripherals would work and the monitor was not recognizing any output. It would eventually turn on, but I would basically turn it on and off until it worked. My VGA light on my motherboard was on, so I tried to reseat my graphics card the light turned off so I thought everything was fine. I went to turn on my computer and now a couple seconds after startup it freezes and my peripherals disconnect. I tried resetting the CMOS, I replaced the battery and tried reinstalling my RAM with no success. I can get it into the BIOS though, and when I do nothing shuts off and it seems to be fine, but when I close it everything freezes again. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

My specs:
Ryzen 7 1700/NZXT Kraken
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming 5
GSKILL 16 GB RAM

Ferimer

Distinguished
My computer was working fine for a while, but I had recently started it up for the first time in a few months. When I booted it up for the first time everything seemed to be fine, a couple hours later I got a blue screen. The computer would turn on but none of the peripherals would work and the monitor was not recognizing any output. It would eventually turn on, but I would basically turn it on and off until it worked. My VGA light on my motherboard was on, so I tried to reseat my graphics card the light turned off so I thought everything was fine. I went to turn on my computer and now a couple seconds after startup it freezes and my peripherals disconnect. I tried resetting the CMOS, I replaced the battery and tried reinstalling my RAM with no success. I can get it into the BIOS though, and when I do nothing shuts off and it seems to be fine, but when I close it everything freezes again. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

My specs:
Ryzen 7 1700/NZXT Kraken
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming 5
GSKILL 16 GB RAM
what had happened before as to why you havent turned it on in a few months? was there an issue that happened? I would try completely stripping the computer and re connecting all your components. Have you cleaned it since its been sitting for so long?

cm9019

Prominent
Dec 18, 2021
what had happened before as to why you havent turned it on in a few months? was there an issue that happened? I would try completely stripping the computer and re connecting all your components. Have you cleaned it since its been sitting for so long?
The reason I wasn’t using it was because I was at college and did not bring it. I switched the motherboard with a different one and it seems to have solved the problem. It is not freezing anymore and looks to be fine.