[SOLVED] Computer issues and electricity problems ?

boostergaming391

Reputable
Dec 29, 2018
So there's a room that i have my pc and 1080p TV in and i have some electricity installement problems in the house, specifically in that room where i have my pc,

So the TV mainboard failed and stopped working due to the electricity problems, then my parents bought new mainboard for the TV. I used it as my monitor and started playing on it and after nearly a week my pc started to act weird and recognizing only one ram stick which is 4gb and other 2gb is unrecognized i tried today to fix the ram by switching memory sticks it detected them both but after i went to do my stuff i came back i found it saying this memory channel has not been tested by cpu. I

tried restarting and switchng again and again until one ram slot stopped working and the other when i place any ram on it i get pc working but with green flickery colors and after that it totally stopped displaying anything i tried testing different rams from my cousin and i even tried my rams on his pc nothing worked i tried VGA output maybe it was graphic card and no the pc shuts down automatically which is weird.

I will take pc tommorow to repair it but i am worried perhaps graphic card got affected too? I dont want to pay another overpriced gt 1030 'cos i live in a third world country
dont pay attention to my english cuz i dont even bother correcting the post

Anyone saying test gpu on your cousins pc, no i can't cos his motherboard is too old.
I hope its the motherboard and not the gpu.

Solution
So there's a room that i have my pc and 1080p TV in and i have some electricity installement problems in the house, specifically in that room where i have my pc,

So the TV mainboard failed and stopped working due to the electricity problems, then my parents bought new mainboard for the TV. I used it as my monitor and started playing on it and after nearly a week my pc started to act weird and recognizing only one ram stick which is 4gb and other 2gb is unrecognized i tried today to fix the ram by switching memory sticks it detected them both but after i went to do my stuff i came back i found it saying this memory channel has not been tested by cpu. I

tried restarting and switchng again and again until one ram slot stopped...

tried restarting and switchng again and again until one ram slot stopped working and the other when i place any ram on it i get pc working but with green flickery colors and after that it totally stopped displaying anything i tried testing different rams from my cousin and i even tried my rams on his pc nothing worked i tried VGA output maybe it was graphic card and no the pc shuts down automatically which is weird.

I will take pc tommorow to repair it but i am worried perhaps graphic card got affected too? I dont want to pay another overpriced gt 1030 'cos i live in a third world country
dont pay attention to my english cuz i dont even bother correcting the post

Anyone saying test gpu on your cousins pc, no i can't cos his motherboard is too old.
I hope its the motherboard and not the gpu.
If you have power issues in that room at least get a surge suppression unit for the pc and monitor.

Better yet an UPS system but more expensive.

Solution