Question Computer keeps booting into BIOS when disabling legacy BIOS and enabling UEFI trying to enable secure boot for Windows 11

Tony Henrich

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2014
I am trying to install Windows 11 and it requires my machine to have a secure boot functionality. For that, I need to enable UEFI for the devices and/or disable legacy BIOS.
I am trying to do that in the BIOS by disabling 'Launch CSM' and changing 'Boot Device Control' to 'UEFI Only' from UFEI and Legacy'. When I do any combination of those two, the machine will always boot into BIOS instead of booting. It's as if it doesn't like the new settings. The MOBO is ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO and the BIOS is Mega Trends.

My boot drive is a Corsair Neutron Series NX500 on PCI-E. There was a message in the BIOS at one point that mentioned I need a signed UEFI driver for storage devices.
I don't know if the drive has it or not. How to find out? Do I need it for the secure boot?
If it's missing, could this be the reason the machine is booting into the BIOS?

Tony Henrich

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2014
what tweaks? windows 11 is not windows 10

I had installed a lot of software and tweaked the OS and the software over the years. Like I said, I don't want to go through all of this. I know Windows 11 is not 10! This doesn't mean the same tweaks I did don't apply to Windows 11. I want to upgrade, not do a fresh install. Not doing a fresh install for mostly getting rounded corners!