[SOLVED] Computer not recognizing Man'O'War headsets in firmware updater

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacking

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2012
So in a short and resumed way, I lost my my Razer Man'O'War's wireless 2,5GhZ USB dongle a few months ago and a few days ago I decided to order a new usb dongle through the internet so I could set it up with my headset pair.

I got the USB dongle a few hours ago and the only step I needed to do in order to pair the dongle with the wireless headsets was to update the firmware on the headsets from Razer's Reddit support page here: https://www.reddit.com/r/razer/wiki/index#wiki_man.27o_war_wireless

So I've downloaded the firmware and all but the only problem I'm facing is, with both USB dongle and the headset connected to the computer, I can't get past the following screen:

razer.png

Which the "Update" button should be enabled if only the computer would recognize the headsets.
I've connected on different ports using different Micro-USB cables (none of them being Razer official, not considering that it actually matters) and still nothing..

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

blacking

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2012
I believe RF Wireless dongles are specific to the hardware they are supplied with. Only bluetooth dongles are interchangeable as far as I'm aware.

I've just fixed it!

It only works with a few USB Cables, it would work at the first try if I had Razer's cable so I just tried a few here at home and eventually tried one that allowed the computer to recognize the headsets and they're fully working now!

Status
Not open for further replies.