[SOLVED] Computer resets only on certain games

Sep 19, 2021
I bought a computer from cyberpower everything worked fine with the games i was playing at the time overwatch, rainbow six, outer worlds, mafia but soon after my friends starting playing rust so when i bought it and tried to run it turns off my computer the first few seconds of starting it i even turned all the graphics down is evga program it worked once and never again, it was very annoying i have a 3070 and i can play all those other games in ultra. So i looked around on the internet if there is anything i can do first i reset my computer updated my drivers redownload the game turned up the fans in my computer, i watched the temperatures before it turned off because of the game everything was fine temperature wise, I reached out to someone at cyberpower nothing came from it because i basically gave up playing that game, it was fine for a while, but now the last 2 games this happened new world open beta, apex legends, which is so weird because apex was one of the games that the website showed me what kind of fps i would get it even says that in the email.
CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X 3.7GHz [4.6GHz Turbo] 6 Cores/ 12 Threads 35MB Total Cache 65W Processor [+46]
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (Crucial Ballistix Sport)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (Wi-Fi)
POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P750GM 80
VIDEO: EVGA GeForce RTX™ 3070 XC3 BLACK GAMING 8GB GDDR6, iCX3 Cooling Video Card, I tried different combinations with my rams even bought new ones, I have now bought a new power supply since I heard about the one I have actually blowing up, that comes in 2 days hopefully that works any other ideas?

Solution
I bought a computer from cyberpower everything worked fine with the games i was playing at the time overwatch, rainbow six, outer worlds, mafia but soon after my friends starting playing rust so when i bought it and tried to run it turns off my computer the first few seconds of starting it i even turned all the graphics down is evga program it worked once and never again, it was very annoying i have a 3070 and i can play all those other games in ultra. So i looked around on the internet if there is anything i can do first i reset my computer updated my drivers redownload the game turned up the fans in my computer, i watched the temperatures before it turned off because of the game everything was fine temperature wise, I reached out...
I bought a computer from cyberpower everything worked fine with the games i was playing at the time overwatch, rainbow six, outer worlds, mafia but soon after my friends starting playing rust so when i bought it and tried to run it turns off my computer the first few seconds of starting it i even turned all the graphics down is evga program it worked once and never again, it was very annoying i have a 3070 and i can play all those other games in ultra. So i looked around on the internet if there is anything i can do first i reset my computer updated my drivers redownload the game turned up the fans in my computer, i watched the temperatures before it turned off because of the game everything was fine temperature wise, I reached out to someone at cyberpower nothing came from it because i basically gave up playing that game, it was fine for a while, but now the last 2 games this happened new world open beta, apex legends, which is so weird because apex was one of the games that the website showed me what kind of fps i would get it even says that in the email.
CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X 3.7GHz [4.6GHz Turbo] 6 Cores/ 12 Threads 35MB Total Cache 65W Processor [+46]
VIDEO: EVGA GeForce RTX™ 3070 XC3 BLACK GAMING 8GB GDDR6, iCX3 Cooling Video Card, I tried different combinations with my rams even bought new ones, I have now bought a new power supply since I heard about the one I have actually blowing up, that comes in 2 days hopefully that works any other ideas?
You could try these step by step:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling in graphics settings like this and reboot:

unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Reactions: Jesse831
Solution
What is the brand and model of the replacement PSU? Make sure when you install the new PSU, you replace all the cables. Do not reuse any cables connected to the Gigabyte PSU.

Reactions: Koekieezz
Sep 19, 2021
You could try these step by step:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling in graphics settings like this and reboot:

unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
hey thanks, i will try that if the psu doesn't work

Reactions: Koekieezz