[SOLVED] Computer restarts every 2 minutes. How do I attempt to troubleshoot/fix the issue?

Sep 2, 2020
Every few minutes my pc revs up and seems to restart. I have a Ryzen 7 3700x cpu, TUF x570 plus motherboard, corsair CX550M power supply and rtx 2070s gpu. I cant narrow down the problem and it shuts off during updates and even windows reinstall. This leads me to believe that it's a power supply issue. Does anyone have any advice for treating/dealing with this? It started occurring only hours after getting the os installed for the first time, which was a day after building it. It shuts off after reinstalling windows and going through the first time set up, such as choosing keyboard layout

Solution
Your System Restore likely failed because you're running version 1607 of Windows. Let's try System Restore again:

1. Start the system with Advanced startup options
  2. Select Troubleshoot
  3. Select Advanced Options
  4. Select Command Prompt
  5. Choose the drive with Windows installation, e.g. C:, by typing
    Code:
    C:
    • Check whether Windows is on that drive by typing
      Code
      dir
      and look for Windows and Users directories listed. If you do not find it, choose another drive letter, e.g. D:, as above.
  6. Type
    Code
    xcopy /s /q "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.old"
    Does C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.old specify a file name
    or directory name on the target
    (F = file, D =...

Riuzaki

Commendable
Aug 23, 2020
Your System Restore likely failed because you're running version 1607 of Windows. Let's try System Restore again:

2. Select Troubleshoot
  4. Select Command Prompt
    Code:
    C:
      Code
      dir
      and look for Windows and Users directories listed. If you do not find it, choose another drive letter, e.g. D:, as above.
  6. Type
    Code
    (F = file, D = directory)? d
    rmdir /s /q "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps"
    • The above assumes you found Windows and Users under the C: drive; your commands will change if it was a different drive letter.
  7. Type
    Code
    exit
  8. Return to Advanced Options and choose System Restore

After attempting System Restore, whether it fails or succeeds, start a thread in the AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security section of these forums. I am seeing a suspicious module loading in your crashes:

Code
Unable to load image \??\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\{0d47c9bc-7b04-4d81-9ad8-b2e00681de8e}, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for {0d47c9bc-7b04-4d81-9ad8-b2e00681de8e}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for {0d47c9bc-7b04-4d81-9ad8-b2e00681de8e}

Solution
Sep 2, 2020

2. Select Troubleshoot
  4. Select Command Prompt
    Code:
    C:
      Code
      dir
  6. Type
    Code
    (F = file, D = directory)? d
    rmdir /s /q "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps"
    • The above assumes you found Windows and Users under the C: drive; your commands will change if it was a different drive letter.
  7. Type
    Code
    exit
  8. Return to Advanced Options and choose System Restore

After attempting System Restore, whether it fails or succeeds, start a thread in the AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security section of these forums. I am seeing a suspicious module loading in your crashes:

Code
Unable to load image \??\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\{0d47c9bc-7b04-4d81-9ad8-b2e00681de8e}, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for {0d47c9bc-7b04-4d81-9ad8-b2e00681de8e}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for {0d47c9bc-7b04-4d81-9ad8-b2e00681de8e}
I will try to complete the above procedure, however, I am unable to get that far into the process. The computer resets too fast for me to even get that far. Frankly, I am at a loss as to how to deal with this.

Sep 2, 2020
Hi there, unfortunately the issue remains. I managed to install windows again but it still shuts down randomly. I believe the power supply to be faulty. I am sending it back for testing while I am away with work. That said, its possible that the electrical in the building is shoddy, I plan to get a solid ups and hope that resolves the issue. I will let you know as I progress. If it's not a power issue, then I'm left with something beyond my technical analysis.

Sep 7, 2020
Hi there, unfortunately the issue remains. I managed to install windows again but it still shuts down randomly. I believe the power supply to be faulty. I am sending it back for testing while I am away with work. That said, its possible that the electrical in the building is shoddy, I plan to get a solid ups and hope that resolves the issue. I will let you know as I progress. If it's not a power issue, then I'm left with something beyond my technical analysis.

I'd love to hear about it if you figure it out. Currently going through something very similar. As I'm sure you've found, most of these threads end with no conclusion. I found this post on reddit:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/fzxcok/pc_restarting_itself_chapter_4_a_plea_for_help/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I messaged OP and it turns out he resolved it by replacing the cpu. Said he installed the heatsink improperly and fried it. In my case I've ruled out everything but the mobo and cpu , so I will be replacing the cpu first.

Sep 2, 2020
I'd love to hear about it if you figure it out. Currently going through something very similar. As I'm sure you've found, most of these threads end with no conclusion. I found this post on reddit:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/fzxcok/pc_restarting_itself_chapter_4_a_plea_for_help/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I messaged OP and it turns out he resolved it by replacing the cpu. Said he installed the heatsink improperly and fried it. In my case I've ruled out everything but the mobo and cpu , so I will be replacing the cpu first.
That's really interesting to hear. I was hoping it wouldnt be a motherboard issue. My last resort is to verify correct power, if that doesnt work then I very well might have to do the same. My issue occured only hours after booting up windows for the first time. I'm not sure how I would have fried or damaged anything. I will gladly keep you updated as to the progress on my end, would be able to do the same?

dimtodim

Reputable
Every few minutes my pc revs up and seems to restart. I have a Ryzen 7 3700x cpu, TUF x570 plus motherboard, corsair CX550M power supply and rtx 2070s gpu. I cant narrow down the problem and it shuts off during updates and even windows reinstall. This leads me to believe that it's a power supply issue. Does anyone have any advice for treating/dealing with this? It started occurring only hours after getting the os installed for the first time, which was a day after building it. It shuts off after reinstalling windows and going through the first time set up, such as choosing keyboard layout
can u put in list all parts of pc?

Sep 7, 2020
That's really interesting to hear. I was hoping it wouldnt be a motherboard issue. My last resort is to verify correct power, if that doesnt work then I very well might have to do the same. My issue occured only hours after booting up windows for the first time. I'm not sure how I would have fried or damaged anything. I will gladly keep you updated as to the progress on my end, would be able to do the same?

Yes, gladly.