[SOLVED] Computer turned on then off then on 7 sec interval(HELP)

Apr 26, 2020
I had a fully functional gaming computer then I went to upgrade my ryzen 3 to a 5 and that’s when it went wrong, whenever I start the pc now I get stuck in this rebooting loop with no display on screen at all, I tried the old cpu again and it seemed fine up to login then would reboot, so I put the new 5 in again to see if I could figure it out, still got nothing so any idea would be a blessing!!!!!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I did not but there’s an issue with doing that, I can’t remount my cpu cooler onto old ryzen 3 bc the paste is dry and separated and I don’t have spare? Any idea on what do about that?

You can use a little toothpaste just to update your BIOS, but it'll dry out quickly so it's not a long-term solution to put the new one back on. You really need to apply thermal paste every time you take off and replace the cooler.

As a general practice, you should always check the CPU compatibility list before adding any CPU to any motherboard, so you can avoid problems like this.

Reactions: drea.drechsler

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I can imagine you'll get some hate for that. But yeah, it works for the purpose you state.

So does peanut butter...and mayonaise... and VegeMite. Just don't use it for long, and clean it well after.

Yeah, hopefully, I was clear enough that this is only for updating the BIOS. It's certainly not something I'd be wanting to use for more than a few hours!

thermal.png

Just don't try chocolate!:tearsofjoy:

Apr 26, 2020
Okay so the current status is that I put in the old Cpu to try and get the bios updated before upgrading to the ryzen 5 and now everything starts but my usbs don’t work and I get no HDMI display also tried vga didn’t work

Bob125484

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Okay so the current status is that I put in the old Cpu to try and get the bios updated before upgrading to the ryzen 5 and now everything starts but my usbs don’t work and I get no HDMI display also tried vga didn’t work

Not sure what bios you update. According to version P5.80, it says " * Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL" or a later version before updating to this BIOS". Did you do it?

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4/index.asp#BIOS

Apr 26, 2020
Apr 26, 2020
Asking questions and getting replies then waiting hours for another reply is killing me I need my computer for a school deadline it’s my only form of doing my school work if anyone thinks they can help please just call me [removed by moderator].

Note: This is a web forum, not a PC helpline! --- Moderator

Apr 26, 2020
Okay huge update I got it working somehow and updated BIOS to the correct version of 5.8.1 I went to install the new CPU and it boot looped so I took 1RAM stick out and it stopped now adding the 2nd no matter the slot forces a boot loop any ideas?

<Edited by moderator to remove all the SHOUTING>