Question Computer Turning Off

Jun 15, 2022
Hello! I have an older build as follows:

2x 1070s in SLI
Ryzen 1700x
32 GB of 3200hz corsair vengeance (4*8gb)
250 GB kingston SSD
2x 2 TB HDD

here’s my problem, my pc would randomly shut off, so unplugged all of my storage and attempted to run linux and see if it was a window’s problem, turns out I can’t make it passed the installation screen before it turns off. I have access to my bios and set everything to default settings still nothing. consistently my CPU sits at 62 degrees, which also is weird to me just in bios.

Anyone help would be greatly appreciated, i use the PC for everything, from college to gaming.

Jun 15, 2022
First, what is the wattage of your PSU

Second, it could possibly be that your cpu is thermal throttling, which can cause the system to shut off.

If the second is the solution, then I would recommend reapplying thermal paste to your cpu.

Thermal Paste of RECOMMENDATION: Amazon.com: ARCTIC MX-4 (8 g) - Premium Performance Thermal Paste for all processors (CPU, GPU - PC, PS4, XBOX), very high thermal conductivity, long durability, safe application, non-conductive, non-capacitive : Everything Else

please let me know

Jun 15, 2022
First, what is the wattage of your PSU

Second, it could possibly be that your cpu is thermal throttling, which can cause the system to shut off.

If the second is the solution, then I would recommend reapplying thermal paste to your cpu.

Thermal Paste of RECOMMENDATION: Amazon.com: ARCTIC MX-4 (8 g) - Premium Performance Thermal Paste for all processors (CPU, GPU - PC, PS4, XBOX), very high thermal conductivity, long durability, safe application, non-conductive, non-capacitive : Everything Else

please let me know
750 Watts is my power supply!

Jun 15, 2022
Excellent, please let me know after if that works for you.:):):)
updated my bios! i’m starting to agree with you on the shutting down being caused by the cpu temp being to high! I say this because I unscrewed my cooler and re applied it and the temperature dropped by about 10 degrees and the pc hasn’t shutdown yet.