Status
Not open for further replies.

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
So yesterday after coming from a place after 2 days, I went to start my pc, but when I pushed the power button, nothing happens, just the psu, cpu fans jerk a bit but other than that nothing happens, I did a paper clip test on my psu and it was fine....the problem persisted, I reseated everything and tested the components one by one of any of them was causing troubles but I got nothing...then I tried to boot my pc without my hdd, I unplugged the cables and voila! My pc went successfully into the bios! P.S: cleared my cmos a lot of times.
I think electric shock is the culprit..what do you guys think? And why did it stopped my pc from even starting?

Solution
Ok, I think it's the hdd, I tested it again this time without the psu sata cable attached (yeah, again) and the hdd spun, it created a continuous tick-tick sound that disappeared after sometime, but the next time I try powering on with the psu sata cable too, nothing happens
Can you hear the hard drive starting up. If you have any case fans, disconnect them. Now, listen closely to with the hard drive plugged in and without it plugged in. If you can hear the hard drive then can you hear any bad noises at all? If not, do you have access to another separate PC you could test the hard drive on?

OctaBotGamer

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Ok, I think it's the hdd, I tested it again this time without the psu sata cable attached (yeah, again) and the hdd spun, it created a continuous tick-tick sound that disappeared after sometime, but the next time I try powering on with the psu sata cable too, nothing happens

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.