Computer won't turn on...

restreporunner

Reputable
Jun 25, 2014
So I needed a new hard drive. I bought it and a new sata cable so I could plug it in along with the current hard drive. I opened up my computer, put it in, plugged it up, put my computer back together and turned it on. The computer turned on, power was running, but nothing was being sent to my monitor. Opened up the computer, took out the new hard drive and then tried again. Still, nothing was being sent to the monitor, but the computer was clearly running. I put the new hard drive in again and tried a few more times. Finally, it booted up but went into the BIOS. I set the old hard drive to be the boot drive because it's the one with windows on it. Saved and exited, and my computer restarted itself. It turned on, screen lit up with Republic of Gamers logo, and froze there. I waited two minutes then turned off the computer. Now, after many different attempts with both or no hard drives, no signal will go through to the display.
I run a dvi cable through a gtx 560, my mobo doesn't have any other type of display port or integrated graphics. Everything had been running perfectly fine until I turned my computer off to put in the new hard drive...help!!

restreporunner

Reputable
Jun 25, 2014

Of course. I've checked each and every cord inside and outside the computer (plus the monitor cable), pushing them all in to make sure it wasn't a cord issue.