[SOLVED] Conflicting CPU temps

Timberflake

Honorable
Apr 5, 2015
Hi all, can anyone explain why I'm getting conflicting CPU temps depending on where I look:

Corsair Link shows the package temps of by CPU around 85-100c
Corsair iCue shows the temp on my H80i v2 of 31c
Ryzen Master shows temps between 35-50c
My bios shows temps around 32c

The one that worries me is Corsair Link and it seems to be the outlier when compared to the others.

Solution
Well, it' would've been helpful if you passed on the make and model of your CPU as well as it's clock speed and any voltages/overclocks if you've done any.

Considering that the range of temps is around 30 Deg C, I'd rule out Corsair Links response. I would also ask you to see what HWMonitor says as well as NZXT's Cam app.

Note: Try running each app on it's own. Don't have them run simultaneously.

Lutfij

Titan
Well, it' would've been helpful if you passed on the make and model of your CPU as well as it's clock speed and any voltages/overclocks if you've done any.

Considering that the range of temps is around 30 Deg C, I'd rule out Corsair Links response. I would also ask you to see what HWMonitor says as well as NZXT's Cam app.

Note: Try running each app on it's own. Don't have them run simultaneously.

Solution

Timberflake

Honorable
Apr 5, 2015

I'm running a Ryzen 2600X which I did have overclocked to 4.2Ghz, however I returned it to stock until I've got to the bottom of this. The only I've changed in the BIOS is I have one of the XMP profiles active.

All of those temps were taken at the same time and none were ran simultaneously.

I've checked the temp in the hardware monitor of the BIOS and it's reporting 32C. I've also downloaded the CAM software and it's showing around 35C.

Looks like I can just ignore what Corsair Link is saying?

Timberflake

Honorable
Apr 5, 2015

So I put my 4.2Ghz OC back on and ran AIDA64 for 20 mins and my temps were steady at about 58c with a couple of spikes upto 65c so I'm comfortable with that.