[SOLVED] Confused about power requirements of a GTX 750

smmm

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
I am building a PC for a friend and the GTX 750 seems like a good low power option, as we are probably using an old HP Pavilion with an AMD Phenom 9500 and a 300w psu. I have used an Asus variant of the 750 before in a Dell Optiplex budget gaming build, which only had a 305w power supply. I had asked about the power requirements of a 750 in a previous thread where I was told it would work fine with even a 250w psu, and it ended up working perfectly with my 305w in the Dell. I was looking at more used 750s on eBay for my friend's PC, and found this Gigabyte model. On Gigabyte's website it lists this GPU as requiring 400w. Is this something I can ignore based on my previous experiences with the 750, or does the Gigabyte model somehow require more power?

Thanks.

Solution
Sometimes board partner try to increase the PSU requirement a bit more just to be on the safe side. Because not everyone have expensive high quality unit that can output 80% to 90% of it's rated power. Good quality 300w unit should be able to power gtx 750 just fine.
Sometimes board partner try to increase the PSU requirement a bit more just to be on the safe side. Because not everyone have expensive high quality unit that can output 80% to 90% of it's rated power. Good quality 300w unit should be able to power gtx 750 just fine.

Solution