Trojan94

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I woz gonna build a gaming pc with the nehalem 920 but then with the news of the i5 coming up and a new socket for the i7 which will be more future proof, rite?
I am going to make this gaming rig in December so should I buy the I7 920 or the 860 which is gonna arrive at the same time as i5's? Is it going to be better than the i7 920? Will the 1156 socket mobo's hav SLI support as in x16+x16? like two gtx 285's?
As for the graphics card should I get the GTX 285 or 295? there's a huge price difference between them! Is the price going to drop to $3-400 by december? or should i get the gtx 285? I heard the 300 series is going to come out in oct. should i take the first model of the 300 that comes out? Is it going to be more expensive than the 295? SO CONFUSED!! :S:S:S

P.S. I want this gaming rig to be future proof for hardcore gaming for at least like 2-3 years

Unless you plan on buying parts now, you should come back late November. Prices will probably decrease, but nobody can tell you by how much. If you wait, then a lot more info will be available on the new components you're interested in and your decision will be easier.