Jul 18, 2024
Hello everyone! So i've build a new gaming pc and i tried to undervolt my gpu, i while i was playing Forza Horizon 5 with everything maxed out at 2k resolution noticed my GPU wattage draw it's kinda low 125-145w for some reason, not that it disturbs me but i was wondering maybe im doing something wrong and i might damage everything. So i will add the link with some pictures maybe someone can tell me if everything is alright with it and those are my pc specs.

///////////////////////////////////////////
View: https://imgur.com/a/Tl7WXID

//////////////////////////////////////////

PC SPECS:

Gigabyte B650 Eagle AX

Ryzen 7 7700 (Non-X) [Undervolt: 80 Lvl: 2 All Core, Negative, 20]

DDR5 G. Skill 2x16GB 6000MHz CL30 EXPO on

Gigabyte 4070ti Gaming OC

Note that your memory offset is in MHz, so you're looking at a +1.45GHz memory OC in your settings there.

Also, you're not undervolting, you're underclocking and overvolting with what you've got set. Stock curve was 2550MHz/850mV, you've got 2550Mhz/900mV. If you want to undervolt, your new curve should be ABOVE the stock curve. Easiest way to do this is with a positive value core clock offset (try +200-300MHz).

Other things to try:
  • I typically run my 3060Ti at 70% power limit. I lose about 100MHz off the top, but little/no FPS drop and saves 30-40W.
  • If you want to cap your frequency (in a saved profile), start with that +200-300MHz offset, then go into the freq/voltage curve and pull all the points that are above (say 2550MHz) back down to your desired cap. Doing this will save power, potentially more than what the power limit setting would, and will also maintain a consistent max frequency. Doing the power limit-ation as above would result in a fluctuating max frequency depending on GPU load.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babayagah
Jul 18, 2024
Honestly im a little bit confused, so i tried the other way, but im getting way higher temps around 80c and more wattage usage, except if i did something wrong. But while using 900mV 2550 Core Clock and 1400 Memory Clock everything works perfectly fine, super low wattage usage and low temps around 62-65 max. Will it be okay to leave it like that or it may cause issues in the future?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The GPU should target around 80C before throttling back. Did the FPS go above 144FPS?

I think you have a slight misunderstanding of undervolting. In your screenshot you weren't controlling power. It was still at 100%. So if allowed the GPU will run at that lower voltage up to its power limit and temperature limit. As long as the GPU is stable at the lower voltage, you are actually allowing it to run even faster.

You can certainly run a GPU slower than its capabilities, but at that point it is kind of wasted.

If you want to control temperature and power, and still want more performance than 144FPS, set a power limit.

I often run an 80% power limit on my 3080Ti. Still does about 90% of the performance for 70W less power consumption.