Question Motherboard not detecting RAM or CPU

Jul 18, 2024
A couple of days ago I ordered a MSI B650M gaming plus WIFI motherboard, Ryzen 5 7600x and Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB Ram from amazon.
The CPU and RAM arrived fin, but the box for the motherboard was slightly squashed on one end, although in a place where nothing came too high off the board, and it seemed undamaged, so I thought I'd install it first and see if it worked.
It seemed to work fined at first, but when I left the the setup menu after checking the BIOS version, and changing the fan curve, the yellow EZ Debug LED came on, saying the DRAM was not detected or had failed, so I powered it off and tried to turn it on again, but the red and yellow lights came on, saying the CPU also wasn't detected.
I tried updating the BIOS with the flash BIOS button, in case I'd done something to it, but still nothing.
I suspect the motherboard may have been damaged in delivery, but how can I check and see if the problem lies elsewhere without waiting for a replacement from amazon?

Ralston18

Titan
Motherboard may have been damaged just enough to allow that initial start which, in turn, caused more permanent and fatal damage.

Leave the motherboard alone.

Your testing could be deemed user error and/or cause damage to other components you install while testing.

I recommend that you return the motherboard and wait.

Just my thoughts on the matter.