Question Connecting Fan RGB to ASUS Aura - Thermaltake View 71 ARGB

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcoomes

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016
I couldn't seem to find exactly what I needed by searching the forums so I thought I'd post this.

My problem is simple, but I can't find a solution. I just swapped my parts into my View 71 ARGB Tower that I purchased a few days ago. Absolutely everything is connected fine and it looks amazing. The three TT fans that were already attached are spinning and doing their Rainbow pattern. The trouble is I can't figure out how to connect the RGB cable so I can control their color and pattern with Aura.

I have an ASUS Prime Z370-A II MOBO. The TT directions for the View 71 tell me to use the included +5V, 3-1 PIN Cable to attach it to the Thermaltake Fan/RGB controller that is in the case. The problem is the Aura RGB strip header is a 4 PIN and is labeled as 12V, G, R, B. There is no included cable or adapter that fits this pattern nor anything describing the different labeling for ASUS in the instructions. I looked for another place to connect the cable that TT suggests and for the life of me cannot find anywhere that fits the pattern and schema.

Should I have a different cable with a different PIN pattern to connect my MOBO to the Fan controller? Am I just completely missing where to connect the cable I do have (+5V, 3-1 PIN) to somewhere on the ASUS board?
I bought this hoping I could match all my colors with my GPU, Cooler, MOBO, etc.. Thanks for any help in advance!

Mar 24, 2020
If your motherboard doesn't have the connector for the 4-pin 12v, you can purchase a rgb hub. They will have the right connector to plug in to so you can plug your fans into. Corsair makes one, and they're AuraSync compatible. Hope this helps.

kcoomes

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016
If your motherboard doesn't have the connector for the 4-pin 12v, you can purchase a rgb hub. They will have the right connector to plug in to so you can plug your fans into. Corsair makes one, and they're AuraSync compatible. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the insight! Sorry as I didn't see a notification that you had responded until today.

I actually got a converter that many mentioned had worked for them: https://www.amazon.com/DEEP-COOL-Convertor-Motherboard-Non-Compatible/dp/B07QPYSC82

I received it and plugged the 5V into the appropriate connection while running the 12V cable from the converter to my MOBO. The box is definitely powered on as it has an LED indicator when connected, but I'm not getting any control in Aura nor in TT RGB Plus.

I have no idea why I can't get it connected, but seems I'm pretty much just stuck with the rainbow pattern.

Mar 24, 2020
I have no idea why it wouldn't show up in AuraSync or TT. I'm assuming you have the RGB connectors from the fans to the MOBO itself and your motherboard is compatible with Aura so I'm stumped as to why it wouldn't show up in Aura. Maybe just check to see if everything is connected securely and that you have the lastest version of the software. Other than that I'm not sure why. Good luck

kcoomes

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016
The TT View 71 has a fan controller in it so I have it direct from that controller to the converter and from the converter to the MOBO. I'm stumped myself at this point. I guess I keep playing with it to see if something works. Thanks again!

Reactions: MatthewPav
May 9, 2020
The TT View 71 has a fan controller in it so I have it direct from that controller to the converter and from the converter to the MOBO. I'm stumped myself at this point. I guess I keep playing with it to see if something works. Thanks again!
Having the same problem with the same case but with an Asus x570 Gaming mobo (which DOES have an ARGB +5V header)
One question - have you tried pressing the reset button on the case for three seconds? That apparently switches the Thermaltake fan hub over to Aura control, although it hasn't worked for me :s

Last edited:

cydewaze

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Following. I also have an Asus MB that I'm building for a friend, and I'm putting it into a Thermaltake case that has a controller on the back side of it. It comes with two cables to connect the controller to the MB, but they're both 3-pin, and neither fits the Asus RGB header pin.

kcoomes

Reputable
Jul 6, 2016
Having the same problem with the same case but with an Asus x570 Gaming mobo (which DOES have an ARGB +5V header)
One question - have you tried pressing the reset button on the case for three seconds? That apparently switches the Thermaltake fan hub over to Aura control, although it hasn't worked for me :s

That is a good question. I haven't tried that yet. Are you just talking about the reset button on the top of the case at the front that resets all power?

May 9, 2020
That is a good question. I haven't tried that yet. Are you just talking about the reset button on the top of the case at the front that resets all power?
Yes I am. The switch on the top front of the case, on the left.
That switch on this PC case does NOT go to the Reset header on your motherboard as you'd expect. Instead it has been re-routed through the RGB fan controller board, which by default is set only to change colours using the same switch. By pressing & holding the Reset switch for three secs, the fans should flash briefly to signal that the controller board has been switched over to Aura control.

Status
Not open for further replies.