Question Constant Power Throttle by CPU - Help Needed

Aug 13, 2020
Hi,
After tweaking my CPU to undervolt it even further, I noticed that it almost always constantly power throttles even under the least demanding operations. Here's what led to the problem:

1- I had already clocked it down by 0.050mv a while back. No issues
2-After some months, I dialed it back and forth (-0.080 to -0.045) to get optimal performance, when it suddenly began to power throttle constantly even after setting everything to default in XTU.
3- During any stress test when I pull out the power plug, power throttling goes away, and when I put it back in, it quickly resumes throttling.

I have tried:

1- Flashing the bios multiple times since there are no more bios updates for me and no possibility of downgrading.
2-Setting the setup settings to default (F9)
2- Reinstalling a new updated OS (win10) by removing the whole partition and creating a new one (still on Legacy)
3- Aligning Turbo Boost Power Max & Turbo Boost Short Power Max (originally at 25w each) with my CPU's TDP which according to cpuz is 15w.
5- Using Throttle stop to first: Tick of BD PROCHOT (no result), and second to turnoff TurboBoost, which did solve the issue but cut the performance in half (pretty useless)
(There's no Intel Dynamic Platform or Thermal Framework on my system software list since this is an Acer E15 - 575G.)

Here's a screenshot of the default values in XTU:
https://ibb.co/Tm50DF6

My Specs:
-Acer laptop E15 575G
-Intel 7500U

I'd appreciate any response,
Thanks

I re-read your post to try and better understand the issue.

Kind of a silly question for you...is the power brick you're plugging into rated for the full power draw of the laptop ? The reason I ask is I've used laptops at work for years and several came with a full power large brick for desk work in the office and a lighter low power brick for travel or field work.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020
I re-read your post to try and better understand the issue.

Kind of a silly question for you...is the power brick you're plugging into rated for the full power draw of the laptop ? The reason I ask is I've used laptops at work for years and several came with a full power large brick for desk work in the office and a lighter low power brick for travel or field work.
I've worked with the same adapter since I bought my laptop. It was new, so it was the standard for my laptop. And like I said, I didn't experience any power throttling until I played around with undervolting a few days ago. I had already undervolted my CPU a few months back and faced no issue then.
I've since locked my CPU's clock to 3.2 GHz to stop any throttling. But I'm still looking for a solution to dial it back to 3.5 GHz.